Proposal: Boston/Dallas

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I want cal clutterbuck on the 3rd line. I know its not Dallas, no idea if minni wants to trade him but I'd trade a 2nd, Caron and warsofsky for him

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
Caron and a fourth might get you Zach Hamill back on this team.

In Chris Kelly's best year, he was 0.4756 points per game. Career with Boston? 0.4151. Career? 0.3866. Right now he is 0.375.

Peverley is certainly behind normal production, but then again, so is Seguin. Does Seguin need new linemates?

It's early. Some people start fast, some start slow, some stay consistent. It's not right to redo the Ryder thing when there's plenty of time to make a fair evaluation of Bourque (or how Paille looks on the third line with MacDermid and Thornton both on the fourth line, which I find redundant and difficult for Campbell, hence I prefer Paille there) while seeing who will become available for trade down the stretch.

Neither ryder nor jagr make sense going forward with the cap.

Neither ryder? Didn't he just ask for a trade from the Islanders? ;)

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Neither ryder? Didn't he just ask for a trade from the Islanders? ;)

240490-oh_you_super.jpg

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
before the cap comes down, and we potentially have to move players, we need to take advantage of the space and push for another deep run.

looking at the Dallas squad, and their wingers, perhaps the most easily attainable is Brendan Morrow. His injuries are pretty well documented, but I'll always have a spot for him. Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good.

I think Ryder/Whitney/Jagr will cost more. While I'm not opposed to them (eventhough the Wiz Whitney might have a 2 yr deal? so that might not work) I think they all have promise.

But what's the most value we can obtain without paying through the nose? that's why i lean towards Morrow.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I want cal clutterbuck on the 3rd line. I know its not Dallas, no idea if minni wants to trade him but I'd trade a 2nd, Caron and warsofsky for him

He is to Minny what Lucic is to us so that should tell you how much they'd want to move him.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He is to Minny what Lucic is to us so that should tell you how much they'd want to move him.

I wouldnt say that. He doesn't play on the first line and doesn't score as many points. I thought he was more like what chris neil is to ottawa. i get it though. His physicality is invaluable to the team. too bad, he seems like he'd be a great bruin

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
we didn't resign him at a value that fit on the bruins for a whole year

that said, ryder on this team, as constructed, would make this team a better team, full stop

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
we didn't resign him at a value that fit on the bruins for a whole year

that said, ryder on this team, as constructed, would make this team a better team, full stop

so we are supposed to give up assets now to get him back after giving him up for nothing?

agreed he would make us a better team as it stands, but it seems like a regressive move after letting him go the first time. I also am not sure how good of a team guy he would be to bring in after all this, I know he was huge for us in winning the cup, but I always got the sense from him that he was kind of a lone wolf in attitude, I always noticed he didn't seem to like Seguin when there was a goal celebration. great player when the chips are on the line though, for sure

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i like that caron is becoming people's go-to trade away guy.

he's a bottom six guy at best who doesn't play physically. i'm sure chiarelli had to hire a goon squad to handle all the calls he's getting for caron.

he's a throw in. not a key part of a deal.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
i like that caron is becoming people's go-to trade away guy.

he's a bottom six guy at best who doesn't play physically. i'm sure chiarelli had to hire a goon squad to handle all the calls he's getting for caron.

he's a throw in. not a key part of a deal.

Caron is not what seals this particular deal. It's the 4th rounder.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
No interest in Morrow, he’s toast. Jagr and Ryder are the two potential deadline deals I would be interested in.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I wouldnt say that. He doesn't play on the first line and doesn't score as many points. I thought he was more like what chris neil is to ottawa. i get it though. His physicality is invaluable to the team. too bad, he seems like he'd be a great bruin

True, he's not a Lucic, I don't think anyone is....but he's a physical guy, not afraid to hit and scrap but also has decent stick handling abilities and can score 15-20 goals a year.

If the Wild FO loves Clutterbuck as much as Wild fans do, he's likely not available.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Your comparison is more on point with what he is but he's very much a fan favourite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad