Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Did you guys see Tkachuk say the Panthers were awaiting Boston because they knew who would win the series?

Literally what I’ve been saying. When the Bruins won Game 4, the series was over. Leafs cannot win a Game 7.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Is it really a curse when both of your D skate that slowly and let a forward get behind them in OT?
That’s a fundamental mistake that most pee wee players don’t make.
I’d have more sympathy if they lost on a bad bounce but that play was inexcusable.
The Leafs were running a 1-3-1 when Pastrnak scored, one of the defenseman (Lybushukin) wasn't even close to being responsible for Pastrnak as he was on the other side of the ice

Marner had to cut Pastrnak's angle and slow his speed down. He didn't read the play and Rielly was flat-footed when Pastrnak was coming at close to full speed

It's a great play by BOS that was executed perfectly, not sure the blame lays solely at the feet of Toronto's defenseman on that play

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
getting pretty savage on line right now, Amusing to hear and watch certain TO media talk about not offering Hyman the money he wanted. For me--Leaf fans and media can be all over MM but I think JT is the bigger problem.

MM has 13 more pts in the playoffs in the last 3 years than JT has.

I think leaf fans and media are afraid to savage either AM or JT. MM is an easy mark. He is not flashy but he is good and what he does
Tavares signing deserves a ton of criticism but everyone knows the player himself has lost a step and is just a 2C at this point. Can’t be as relied upon for offense.

Marner is still a top 5W IMO in the regular season. Turns pathetic in the post season lately though.

The same can be said for Matthews as well. 50+G/90+ pts is like the bare minimum for him in the regular season but he drops to ~30G/70pt pace in the post season. And that’s with essentially only playing in the 1st round where it’s much more wide open than in later rounds

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Neutral Fan...................Bruins got a lucky bounce off the end boards, and won......Maroon is a clown, and did nothing the entire series.
That was 100 percent by design. From the moment Pastrnak dished back to Lindholm, that’s EXACTLY what they were going for. Lindholm put it in the perfect spot and Pastrnak blew by everybody at the perfect time.

It was a great play by Boston. It was also horrendously defended by Toronto

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Wanna hear something funny?

Somewhere in an alternate universe, the Leafs won last night and you called out Bruins fans for making the excuse of not having a legit #1 center and a shit coach that never wins in the playoffs.

Don’t be salty with us, bruh. Direct your anger at the Leafs where it belongs.
Bullseye!

That was 100 percent by design. From the moment Pastrnak dished back to Lindholm, that’s EXACTLY what they were going for. Lindholm put it in the perfect spot and Pastrnak blew by everybody at the perfect time.

It was a great play by Boston. It was also horrendously defended by Toronto
yep, yep, aaaaand yep

The Leafs were running a 1-3-1 when Pastrnak scored, one of the defenseman (Lybushukin) wasn't even close to being responsible for Pastrnak as he was on the other side of the ice

Marner had to cut Pastrnak's angle and slow his speed down. He didn't read the play and Rielly was flat-footed when Pastrnak was coming at close to full speed

It's a great play by BOS that was executed perfectly, not sure the blame lays solely at the feet of Toronto's defenseman on that play
Described perfectly.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So he allowed 3 goals or less in four of his five games. If that’s not good enough, that says more about the rest of the team.

I don’t know when the last time was that a group of fans double, triple, quadruple and quintupled down on such a bad opinion. The Maple Leafs scored 12 goals in the series. 12. The Martin Brodeur Devils would’ve had a hard time winning a series with those numbers. With the offensive firepower they have, holding your opponent to two goals should be more than enough to win, and holding them to three should absolutely give you a chance. And Samsonov held Boston to one goal through regulation in game 7 on the road.

Goaltending is the least of your problems.
Leafs describe their goalie as if he isn't a leaf, not part of their team......like a zamboni driver who came in and lost it for the Leafs with his poor play.. Your goalies ARE LEAFS. Samsonov, Woll, Campbell, Hutchison, Sparks, Freddy, Reimer , Toscala etc etc etc

football fans are not crying out that we only lost cause our quarter back sucked.

News flash Leafs . GET A GOALIE ......it's not rocket science

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Leafs describe their goalie as if he isn't a leaf, not part of their team......like a zamboni driver who came in and it for the Leafs. HE IS A LEAF

Imaging football fans crying out they only lost cause their quarter back wasn't any good.

The coach also referred to the team as “the leafs” as if he wasn’t part of the team. Very odd quote.

Enjoy it while it lasts.Fla knows what they did to you last season,and they sure as shit aint gonna forget it.
I had a great Saturday night that has me floating on air Sunday. How bout yourself?

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Bullseye!

yep, yep, aaaaand yep

Described perfectly.
Sometimes the only thing you can do during these set piece plays is just try to get in the way and hope they fizzle. There's a reason they draw these things up in practice. the point is to get a temporary advantage and try to do something with it before the other team can recover and normalize

this one happened to get ALL the bounces. There's not always anything the defensemen can do when they get caught off guard by a well crafted set piece play and the play is executed perfectly. Especially when it's off the stick of a guy like Lindholm who is really good at this.

I mean looking at that roster, could it have been anyone BUT Lindholm?

Reactions: mddnh

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
The coach also referred to the team as “the leafs” as if he wasn’t part of the team. Very odd quote.

I had a great Saturday night that has me floating on air Sunday. How bout yourself?
To be honest.I expected us to find a way to lose somehow before the series even started.This org is cursed,and have known that.The way the game 6 ended,and finding out Woll was hurt on his last save attempt,and Nylander early hurt,and Matthews late hurt.I felt we would have won if Woll didnt get hurt.Its always something with this f***ing team.2 things wont surprise me,and thats if Boston loses in a similiar fashion as we did to Fla,or if Boston goes to the finals and loses like they did the last time we blew a 3-1 series lead to them.But if they do beat Fla...bravo.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel for the Leafs at this point. I don't think you can get more cursed than losing G7 in OT. I know it's sort of predestined for them to never really win in the playoffs, but it was one goal away. People will say this core doesn't have "it", but damned if you can't get any closer
But the bolded is precisely why they don't have "it". They can never be on the winning side of these pivotal moments.

That's literally what separates the winners from the losers. Winners seem to find a way somehow to win in these crucial moments, while losers consistently find a way to "just barely lose".

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It’s always the D’s responsibility when a single forward gets behind the D. That’s peewee coverage.

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
Leafs describe their goalie as if he isn't a leaf, not part of their team......like a zamboni driver who came in and it for the Leafs. HE IS A LEAF

Imaging football fans crying out they only lost cause their quarter back wasn't any good.

Eh, last 3 games were pretty solid games from Woll and Samsonov. Having a great goalie only gets you so far if you don't have a forward core that can't manage to play well when post season begins.

Huge issue with the leafs and the media/fans surrounding them is the refusal to actually accept that the issue is the core. There is so many excuses. "Injury lucky cost the postseason" "Keefe got out coached", "samsonov cost the series" blah blah blah.

Maybe instead of being afraid to hurt someone's feelings, hold the players making a total of 45M accountable. 8 points between them in 7 games is a disgrace.

It's the postseason. Good teams find a way to get through them despite injuries. That's what separates them, not bs excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bocephus86

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
l
Eh, last 3 games were pretty solid games from Woll and Samsonov. Having a great goalie only gets you so far if you don't have a forward core that can't manage to play well when post season begins.

Huge issue with the leafs and the media/fans surrounding them is the refusal to actually accept that the issue is the core. There is so many excuses. "Injury lucky cost the postseason" "Keefe got out coached", "samsonov cost the series" blah blah blah.

Maybe instead of being afraid to hurt someone's feelings, hold the players making a total of 45M accountable. 8 points between them in 7 games is a disgrace.

It's the postseason. Good teams find a way to get through them despite injuries. That's what separates them, not bs excuses.
No one takes the leafs seriously except leaf fans......even those leaf fans in denial couldn't do it with out the delusional denial.
But as long as they keep bringing in different goalies, players , GMs and coaches to blame when they core sucks at play off time. Then they can keep the Beiber Core

Reactions: Blowfish

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
l
No one takes the leafs seriously except leaf fans......even those leaf fans in denial couldn't do it with out the delusional denial.
But as long as they keep bringing in different goalies, players , GMs and coaches to blame when they core sucks at play off time. Then they can keep the Beiber Core
I mean Leaf fans are a big fan base. It's a toss up between MTL and Rags fans though on who the most delusional fan base is.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
But the bolded is precisely why they don't have "it". They can never be on the winning side of these pivotal moments.

That's literally what separates the winners from the losers. Winners seem to find a way somehow to win in these crucial moments, while losers consistently find a way to "just barely lose".
I think in general it's fair to argue that about Toronto, but not for game 7 overtime. That's the-mother-of-all-coin-flips right there, you literally can't get more evenly-matched. Just ask Boston lol they know better than anyone what it's like to be on the losing side of one

Reactions: mddnh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad