Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I feel bad for the Leafs.

Samsonov played well, but I wonder if Woll would have stopped that 1st goal, or the OT goal.

So what's next?
New coach.
Trade Tavares and/or Marner.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
  • Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I like Treliving’s changes but how many times can we be in this infinite loop? The D was meaner and tighter but the root of all their problems still screwed them again - the guys paid to be difference makers did nothing (except Nylander).

I trust Treliving’s vision a lot more than Dubas but it’s clear to me at least that resigning Marner will be a disaster and continue this loop some more. Marner and Keefe gotta go and if Tavares won’t take a sweetheart deal on his next one, let him go too. Why does he even have a C again?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah, who asked?

Did I miss something were Toronto fans were saying they would beat Colorado? or is this just a random stat to make fun of them.
Well, I’ve no idea what that poster’s intentions were, but given the fans I’ve seen blaming the Leafs’ goaltending for this series…it’s a pretty funny set of stats that highlight that yes, an actual elite core of forwards can outscore bad goaltending. FFS, Georgiev allowed 7 goals in game 1 in a match where the Avs scored 6. And the the Avs just popped off the rest of the series and lit up Helley. I read those stats as a sign that the Leafs’ skaters are the problem — not their goalies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Did he have a GAA over 3 or a save percentage under .900 in any game this series? That was Samsonov's series stats.

Toronto average 1.71 Goals per game in the playoffs. Whats the point of paying Marner, Nylander, Tavares and Matthews if they can't score?

Reactions: dukeofjive

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly I’m surprised Marner no-showed like this. The Toronto market barely put scrambles in his brain this year.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That's more the Bruins lack of fortitude than actual goaltending performance. Go ahead and start Woll next season and see what happens.

Also why wasn't Woll starting tonight?

He may have pulled something. Said he woke up with tightness and the team didn't want to risk it.

• Love
Reactions: nicehiss

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Well, I’ve no idea what that poster’s intentions were, but given the fans I’ve seen blaming the Leafs’ goaltending for this series…it’s a pretty funny set of stats that highlight that yes, an actual elite core of forwards can outscore bad goaltending. FFS, Georgiev allowed 7 goals in game 1 in a match where the Avs scored 6. And the the Avs just popped off the rest of the series and lit up Helley. I read those stats as a sign that the Leafs’ skaters are the problem — not their goalies.
My intentions were to compare the difference between a team showing up and not showing up.

Toronto was the 2nd highest scoring offense in the regular season and last in the playoffs.

But sure, people can blame goaltending.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
dave-chappelle.gif

I'm sorry, I have no hate for Toronto, but there was something so appealing about seeing another in a long list of Game 7 losses.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

That's more convenient than with Mathews 1-4, W/O Matthews Leafs were 2-0
If one just wants to quote the stats.

Will say it again, Samsonov was not the eason why The Leafs lost tonight, he allowed 1 goal in 60 mins regulation. No one compared him to be Patrick Roy, When you are a high regular season scoring team that can muster 1 goal in regulation, perhaps you should be looking for blame elsewhere.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I like Treliving’s changes but how many times can we be in this infinite loop? The D was meaner and tighter but the root of all their problems still screwed them again - the guys paid to be difference makers did nothing (except Nylander).

I trust Treliving’s vision a lot more than Dubas but it’s clear to me at least that resigning Marner will be a disaster and continue this loop some more. Marner and Keefe gotta go and if Tavares won’t take a sweetheart deal on his next one, let him go too. Why does he even have a C again?
It’s weird with Keefe. There’s no way you keep losing these big games early in the playoffs and stay, but at the same time he seems to get the Leafs playing way better defence than they have the right to be.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad