Post-Game Talk: Boston Brooms @ Caps 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm terrified of the Bergeron line going up against the Backstrom line and Alzner-Carlson. Optimistic about every other matchup.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm terrified of the Bergeron line going up against the Backstrom line and Alzner-Carlson. Optimistic about every other matchup.

I like this match-up actually.

Tuukka Rask vs. Capitals: 1-8-5 record. 3.00 GAA and .894 SV%.

Braden Holtby vs. Bruins: 10-2-0 record. 1.69 GAA and .948 SV%.

That's just the regular season. Holtby's numbers propably go up if you include the Playoffs series between them.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Greetings from Boston.

Bruins board GDT is not optimistic about this game as as the B's have had little success against the Caps especially in Chinatown. :cry:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
If we lose this one, I'm sure to see some differents posters with "fire trotz" "trade everyone" "we need Duchene", .... comments

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Greetings from Boston.

Bruins board GDT is not optimistic about this game as as the B's have had little success against the Caps especially in Chinatown. :cry:

No worries, 2-3 early Bruins goals and we're back to missing the playoffs if we don't fire Trotz! ;)

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
If we lose this one, I'm sure to see some differents posters with "fire trotz" "trade everyone" "we need Duchene", .... comments

haven't seen that one yet.

No matter the result I'll stick with my "we need a low cap hit top 6/9 forward". Hot regular season streaks are nothing new to the Caps.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Or maybe this game isn't all that important? :huh:

It is amazing, how the same fan base that states over and over that its about the playoffs, and we don't care about the regular season wins...... over react to regular season losses.

I honestly don't care about how many points we end up with as long as we stay in front of CBus/Pitt

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Will be interested to see that with the last change if Trotz chooses to match Backstrom against Bergeron and us Carlson and Alzner to shut them down.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I for one have no problems with Barry really once he realized he's no longer coaching in Nashville.

A Ladeskog-MoJo swap would be great though. Think on it, Colorado. :D

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I for one have no problems with Barry really once he realized he's no longer coaching in Nashville.

A Ladeskog-MoJo swap would be great though. Think on it, Colorado. :D

The cognitive dissonance between these two lines is rather amusing. You don't want them to play a conservative, defensive-first style yet you simultaneously want them to trade one of their better transition player for a dump-and-chase style forward.

Don't take this to be an indictment of Landeskog. But Johansson is a much more natural fit for a team that wants to attack through the neutral zone with possession.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Don't take this to be an indictment of Landeskog. But Johansson is a much more natural fit for a team that wants to attack through the neutral zone with possession.
Yet he's not being rewarded for that much in terms of actual production. He has seven points in 15 games in 2017, which I guess is decent but given how well his ES linemates have played he's left some points on the board. He also sports a 5-on-5 point rate lower than Beagle and Winnik (the lowest in the top six). So while he may do some things well re: possession it's been a bit limited lately.

I'm not sure Landeskog is ideal in the short-term for a variety of reasons but there's a decent case to be made that they will need more physicality in the top six come playoff time. Johansson has scored some net front PP goals but it's been a while and it's not his game overall. In general I'm not sure I expect their more recent free-flowing style to hold up in the playoffs. The first directive from any opposition staff should be to play just as patient a game in terms of structured discipline. If teams keep it close to the vest and stay patient they ought to be able to limit their space. It's a bit easier said than done but the Islanders have come pretty close to having the book as things stand IMO. It's going to be on them to be more willing and able to go through teams at times as well.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
With this game being on NBC does anyone have a guess when puck drop will actually be? 8:07 or like 8:27...

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The cognitive dissonance between these two lines is rather amusing. You don't want them to play a conservative, defensive-first style yet you simultaneously want them to trade one of their better transition player for a dump-and-chase style forward.

Caps would not miss MoJo but MoJo would miss the Caps if traded. He's the type to me that greatly benefits from playing on a great team, put him on a struggling Avs team and we'll probably never hear about him again. I simply like Landy's mean streak, physical play and grit. :nod: This will never happen anyways, I still don't know how we got Oshie.

WARNING: MoJo will score a goal tonight :/

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Greetings from Boston.

Greetings from Montreal (yeah I know it sounds weird).

I expect a close game just like the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad