Proposal: Boston/ Arizona

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
So, bottom line, you want the cake, but you do not want to pay for the cake. It's not like scoring wingers grow on trees... yoi javw to give to het and guys like Debrusk hold no value to other teams

Wrong. I'd gladly see Sweeney pay for a legitimate top six scoring winger. Overpay, even. Garland is not what the Bruins need especially if it costs assets the Bruins can use to acquire Krejci's winger.

On the other hand, Palmieri has played these minutes for years and is established. Far more physical. 5'11, but the extra twenty pounds makes a difference. A goal scorer.

I never mentioned Debrusk and have no idea why you went down that path. The Bruins need to add a goal scorer, not trade Debrusk away regardless.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins fans takes on Garland in this thread are downright awful. Obvious none of them have seen him.[/QUOT
I agree he is not the biggest player in the league but the kid can play. Palmieri would be a asset to the Bruins but some want to give up picks and prospects for a rental that has not worked out to well in the Sweeney reign. These same Bruins fans were in love with a Tory Krug who would get tossed around like a rag doll and all his points came off the PP , Garland has been pretty efficient 5on 5 player Krug was not and a terrible defender. The Bruins in past few years have been to small but with this team they are a little heavier and a player like Garland would have some protection. I also think that the deal I originally posted would also not shut the door on doing another deal .

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Arizona will get Bjork and Vaakanien
Boston gets Garland.........
My thoughts Arizona gets two young players that they are seeking , not draft picks that will take longer to develop , the Bruins get offensive boost that certainly need . they also can keep DeBrusk a little Longer and hope he can find some consistency and if not easier to find a left wing than a right wing if they need too move him..........
No thanks

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
If you add Boston's 2021 1st rounder to Bjork and Vaakanien, it might be what the Coyotes would accept to make a deal.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Been watching Palms since he was with the Ducks and was livid when NJ got him for nothing. Garland is a similar piece.
No doubt that I think Garland is another sleeper under the radar great piece. I just think Palms is a little more physical

Reactions: Gurglesons

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If you add Boston's 2021 1st rounder to Bjork and Vaakanainen, it might be what the Coyotes would accept to make a deal.
I'm not that interested in Bjork or Vaakanainen but I'm also in the minority (maybe the only) of Coyotes fans who wants Zbroil and Lauzon over any other young players.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bjork's statline is awful. With a couple years left on his contract, he's a guy that might pass through waivers at the moment.

The Athletic prospect writers were bearish on Vaakanainen coming into the season. Has anything changed or is this a case of a prospect with overrated value because he has a 1st round pedigree and is in a shallow pool?

This is not close for a young player having a great season with another 2 years of control left. Even if a team wanted to value Garland as a rental by not qualifying him this Summer to avoid arbitration, this is not enough.

Yeah you are way off the mark on Bjork. The offense hasn’t come yet, but he is a tenacious forechecker with speed and defensive acumen that drives play on the ice from the bottom six.

The great Pronman thought the Bruins top pairing LD this season wasn’t even a prospect, lol. These guys don’t get to watch enough. The word on Vaakaneinen is that he treats the AHL like a development league and those close to the team says he has looked a lot better on the adult Bruins than the baby Bruins. I’ve only seen him in the adult Bruins and he looks like an extremely good skater who needed to lift some weights.

Regardless, I don’t think the OP is what AZ is looking for. They don’t care about Vaakaneinen not needing expansion protection. Zboril (another non prospect according to the Athletic who has looked good on the Bruins 2nd pair) is probably of more interest.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Is he not 165 lbs? Is he not a skilled playmaking winger? Neither of which is a need for the Bruins. Please, continue telling us what we need.
He's more of a goal scorer than playmaker. In fact, he's our only goal scorer. Another reason I don't want him traded. He's not afraid to go to the net even though he's small. He has more goals than assists during his career. 44 goals, 38 assists in 147 games.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm convinced that hfers think the coyotes have scored too many goals this season and it's neccessary to trade their top scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad