Proposal: Boston/ Arizona

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Arizona will get Bjork and Vaakanien
Boston gets Garland.........
My thoughts Arizona gets two young players that they are seeking , not draft picks that will take longer to develop , the Bruins get offensive boost that certainly need . they also can keep DeBrusk a little Longer and hope he can find some consistency and if not easier to find a left wing than a right wing if they need too move him..........

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That's probably not enough for Arizona but at the same time, I'm not biting on Garland until I know what he wants in an extension because arbitration would be a mess.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Bruins need a goal scorer. I am certain Sweeney can do better. I expect him to do better for the 2nd line gap next to Krejci. That role is the player to pay the few top assets the Bruins have. Not to mention adding 5'10 Garland to the top six keeps the Bruins with one hell of a small, soft scoring group.

If the price does not include a 1st round pick, Vaakanainen, Studnicka, or Beecher then he is adequate.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The Bruins need a goal scorer. I am certain Sweeney can do better. I expect him to do better for the 2nd line gap next to Krejci. That role is the player to pay the few top assets the Bruins have. Not to mention adding 5'10 Garland to the top six keeps the Bruins with one hell of a small, soft scoring group.

If the price does not include a 1st round pick, Vaakanainen, Studnicka, or Beecher then he is adequate.
Garland isn’t soft lol.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The Bruins need a goal scorer. I am certain Sweeney can do better. I expect him to do better for the 2nd line gap next to Krejci.

Is this a positional thing (if he was a C) or is it that you haven't watched him and you don't know anything about his game? Because Garland has more value than a 1st, Vaak, Studnicka or Beecher.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is this a positional thing (if he was a C) or is it that you haven't watched him and you don't know anything about his game? Because Garland has more value than a 1st, Vaak, Studnicka or Beecher.

I'd gladly hope Sweeney passes at that cost. The Bruins do not need a tiny playmaker. They need a goal scorer for Krejci. As they have for nearly a decade.

Garland isn’t soft lol.

He is 165 lbs, likely already exaggerated. Perhaps he is gritty for his size but that isn't helping the Bruins get past a team like Washington or Tampa.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Bjork's statline is awful. With a couple years left on his contract, he's a guy that might pass through waivers at the moment.

The Athletic prospect writers were bearish on Vaakanainen coming into the season. Has anything changed or is this a case of a prospect with overrated value because he has a 1st round pedigree and is in a shallow pool?

This is not close for a young player having a great season with another 2 years of control left. Even if a team wanted to value Garland as a rental by not qualifying him this Summer to avoid arbitration, this is not enough.

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bjork's statline is awful. With a couple years left on his contract, he's a guy that might pass through waivers at the moment.

The Athletic prospect writers were bearish on Vaakanainen coming into the season. Has anything changed or is this a case of a prospect with overrated value because he has a 1st round pedigree and is in a shallow pool?

This is not close for a young player having a great season with another 2 years of control left. Even if a team wanted to value Garland as a rental by not qualifying him this Summer to avoid arbitration, this is not enough.

That rag is good for the bottom of the Bird cage. Yotes are not looking forward to the deal he is going ask for this summer, that may be why his name comes up. I expect him to be in the range of 5 million to 6 million. If Arizona is okay with him taking a chunk then they keep him and they should. He would be good on the Bruins but they need size in that heavy checking division. Bruins could afford him next year if they let Krejci and Halak walk. They have Vladar, Keyser and Swayman - very good goalie prospects.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Bruce Cassidy hates Bjork and has him on the shortest leash, and Bjork is playing not to screw up when he’s on the ice. He’s a talented player who had been beset by serious shoulder injuries in two consecutive seasons. There’s no way that he would pass through waivers.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Garland isn’t soft lol.
No he is not soft. Nor is he 5'10". More like 5'6".

He is an incredible talent (remember he led the CHL in scoring 2 years in a row) who is intense and drives hard. He has no supporting cast in the desert and is near a ppg. On a bigger, stronger (better) team, Garland is a star winger. The offer by OP is not enough.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona will get Bjork and Vaakanien
Boston gets Garland.........
My thoughts Arizona gets two young players that they are seeking , not draft picks that will take longer to develop , the Bruins get offensive boost that certainly need . they also can keep DeBrusk a little Longer and hope he can find some consistency and if not easier to find a left wing than a right wing if they need too move him..........
If you added your 1st, I’d still decline rather easily. Wouldn’t even think about it, honestly.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Bruce Cassidy hates Bjork and has him on the shortest leash, and Bjork is playing not to screw up when he’s on the ice. He’s a talented player who had been beset by serious shoulder injuries in two consecutive seasons. There’s no way that he would pass through waivers.

While they do provide context for why he's scoring at a ~10 point pace, neither a good coach doesn't trust the player northe player has battled injury are arguments for his value to the rest of the league. It's really not difficult to envision teams looking at the remainder of his contract and current performance (overpaid 4th liner), and passing on a gamble on his upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

So, bottom line, you want the cake, but you do not want to pay for the cake. It's not like scoring wingers grow on trees... yoi javw to give to het and guys like Debrusk hold no value to other teams

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad