Post-Game Talk: BOS @ WAS - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Bad game.

Boston isn’t a threat tho. They’re not very good and any of islanders, Pitt, or us play them in a actual playoff series - they won’t beat those teams.

All good. Little bit of a funk to work on.
They were good enough to outclass us. I think most prognosticators would pick Boston over us, I know Mike Kelly did.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Bad game.

Boston isn’t a threat tho. They’re not very good and any of islanders, Pitt, or us play them in a actual playoff series - they won’t beat those teams.

All good. Little bit of a funk to work on.
All good is quite a stretch.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Inexplicable that during the 4v4 Laviolette played Dowd and Hagelin and didn’t give a single shift to Kuznetsov or Vrana.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Trending down against the playoffs opponents + Rags, make me nervous come to the playoffs. At least we know who they are. Hopefully they'll surprise us.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I don’t think Sammy played all that well tonight. Then again same was true for most of team. Looked like Kuz missed a tap-in toward the end.

Not a good night for us, with Pens, Isles and B’s all earning 2pts

Reactions: Pomee and Misery74

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Why isn't Chara challenging that shot? It's well within his reach. That's a f***ing poke check, bro.

Get him off the ice.
Well, not to mention he literally kicked the puck to him. Bang-bang play, but yeah, Z was another Cap who was noticeably unimpressive tonight

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I think it doesn’t mean anything in one game but in a whole season I think it says a lot.
I agree but the stats show that throughout the season, the Capitals get less shots on goal but more xG’s. Again, I don’t think they’ve played great lately but overall I think they’re in an ok spot.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I agree but the stats show that throughout the season, the Capitals get less shots on goal but more xG’s. Again, I don’t think they’ve played great lately but overall I think they’re in an ok spot.
I think they were finishing at a very high rate for a stretch, not necessarily getting better opportunities. At least to my naked eye watching them. As expected that has evened out and there’s not a lot left except for teams to skate circles around them. I don’t think I remember a Caps team (and I’ve been watching since about 1979) get beaten one on one quite as much. We’re making a lot of opponents look like Mario.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad