Mcquaid saves 1.5 mil
2nd round Pick 2013

Trade Pev and Kelly for picks = 6 mil
Put Savard on LTIR = 4 mil
Sign Tuuka for 6
Sign Bergy for 5.5
Sign Briere for 3
Leaves 1.5 mil to sign Drouin

I don't want to trade Seguin. But if you put Seguin with Krejci next year he will be a point per game player.

Briere Krejci Seguin
Drouin Bergy Lucic
Yetti Paille Spooner
Thornton Campbell xx

Chara Hamilton
Seds Krug
Bart xxx

I know maybe a few more pieces might have to move but I think I'm close and I like this lineup.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Boston

3rd Overall

Tampa

Marchand saves 4.5 mil
Mcquaid saves 1.5 mil
2nd round Pick 2013

Sign Tuuka for 6
Sign Bergy for 5.5
Sign Briere for 3

I don't want to trade Seguin. But if you put Seguin with Krejci next year he will be a point per game player.

Briere Krejci Seguin
Drouin Bergy Lucic
Yetti Paille Spooner
Thornton Campbell xx

Chara Hamilton
Seds Krug
Bart xxx

I know maybe a few more pieces might have to move but I think I'm close and I like this lineup.

Hate it makes no sense and had players out of position

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If that went through I wouldn't be too upset... Really, REALLY love Marchy and I'd HATE to see him in the division, both out of sentimental value and the fact that we'd all ****ing hate him. No way the Bolts do this, though. Seguin or bust for them.

I'd go with this, with your lineup:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Drouin-Bergeron-Briere
Soderberg-Spooner-Knight
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Z-Dougie
Seids-Boychuk
Krug-Bartkowski

Obviously the 2nd line other than Bergy is a pretty big wild card, and I'd prefer someone other than Briere... And, who knows what Drouin would bring in his first year. Bergy is pretty easy to work with, but rookies don't exactly get their way in Claude's system. You'd probably see the 3rd and 4th mix-and-matched a bit, and Soderberg on the second. Can't have three rookies on a line. The Lightning wouldn't do this, but I can't wait to watch Drouin. I think he'll be the best player out of the draft when all is said and done.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
I usually cringe at most of the trade proposals here, but this one has to be one of the least thought-out ones I've ever seen.

Literally makes no sense whatsoever.

Zero.

Zilch.

Nada.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
why would Tampa make that trade? Act like you are a fan of the other team when making a crap offer and ask yourself why they would make that deal. Awful.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Boston

3rd Overall

Tampa

Marchand saves 4.5 mil
Mcquaid saves 1.5 mil
2nd round Pick 2013

Sign Tuuka for 6
Sign Bergy for 5.5
Sign Briere for 3

Briere Krejci Seguin
Drouin Bergy Lucic
Yetti Paille Spooner
Thornton Campbell xx

Chara Hamilton
Seds Krug
Bart xxx

First off, it will cost more to sign a #3 pick. Think something on the order of 2.5-3.25 million annually.

Second - Bergeron will likely cost more. Most people I've talked to think he'll cost at least $6.5 million against the cap. When you consider what Perry and Getzlaf got earlier this season, $6.5-$7.5 seems very reasonable for a player of Bergeron's caliber.

Tuukka Rask's contractual endgame is a mystery to me - but I feel safe in saying that $6 million is a very conservative estimate. We've already heard respected voices in the hockey world suggest a Rinne-esque $7 million per. That's quite a lot.

If Pie is centering Spooner (a natural center) and Soderberg (also a natural center), we've got some serious problems.

If 3 of your 5 definitive starting defensemen have a combined games-played total under 100, you've got some more. I don't know what you've done with Boychuk.

I like what Marchand and McQuaid bring to the Bruins - and wouldn't think Boston would be better off without them... but I hardly think the Bolts would be willing to pass on a potential All-Star playmaking winger for the duo - even IF you include the siren's call of a mouth-watering second rounder.

Yet even with Drouin, I think you've made the Bruins significantly worse in order to save some cap space.

Don't mean to sound like a giant jerk ... but think you're way, waaaay off here.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i have to vote no.. sorry. as the others here say to start with theres no way i would trade the 3 overall in this strong draft class for a second liner and a couple spare parts. let marchand show that he can be the featured player in the offense and power a power play and a first line facing the other teams top checkers and maybe it happens 3-4 years from now.

right now marchand is just a fan favorite that other teams hate because he agitates and has managed to have a couple 20 goal seasons playing on a second line where the other two linemates draw the top checking assignments

as for the overall makeup of the team after your series of moves... id be very worried how soft it gets. theres no proof that the chemistry you are proposing works to create offense and the defensive play is almost guaranteed to suffer.

i just wouldnt want to touch any of this with a ten foot pole other than if tampa was willing to bite on your trade offer than i have to make the deal. marchand is fun for me to cheer for but the third overall this year probably lets us draft jones since colorado/florida seem to be leaning towards forwards.

jones would be soooo sweet pairing up with hamilton to take us into a new dawning age of excellence on the blueline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad