Proposal: Bos-NSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
With all the talk of the Bruins looking to add to their blueline, vet guys like Tallinder, Phillips etc. I would only want them if the price were cheap, don't want to give away top prospects and picks for a rental on the downside of their career, if we could get one for say Caron fine otherwise stick with what we got. I would rather swing for the fences if they do trade. Just wondering if Nashville would move Weber? They are not going anywhere and should look at rebuilding.

Would this be enough/ too much?

To Boston:
Shea Weber

To Nashville:
Loui Eriksson
Matt Bartkowski or Johnny Boychuck
Ryan Spooner
Matt Fraser
2014 1st rd pick.

Would love to see a pairing of Chara and Weber that would be as nasty as it gets and the bombs they could unload on the PP would be awesome!

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Why would Nashville do this ? Only one impact player coming back, and his career is in jeopardy due to concussions.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I think it'd have to be Boychuk that goes to make salary work, Jordan Caron would be the 3rd line RW, Bartkowski and Hamilton are both still in the top 4, and if there's an injury anywhere in the top 9, the first call-up is probably Nick Johnson, or someone without any NHL experience. I'd pass on this trade.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Nashville isn't parting with Weber without at least one front-line roster player coming back, and then start adding your picks/prospects as you will.

Eriksson just would not be enticing enough of a player for Nashville to even budge on that.

Either way, they just signed the guy to a massive deal. He's arguably the best defenseman in the game, and they are better with him than without. Whatever deal you make for Weber, the chances of getting back equal value are slim. I just don't see it.

That team isn't that bad off. Their D-core is quite good, and Jones could become another stud that they can pair with Weber. Rinne is still terrific. They need some forwards, but that can be accomplished by trading off some of their defensive depth and through the draft. I don't see the need for them giving up on Weber, unless they find his salary too onerous. But even then, as the cap starts ticking back upwards, it won't be as big of a deal.

So, long story short: I don't see it happening.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
With all the talk of the Bruins looking to add to their blueline, vet guys like Tallinder, Phillips etc. I would only want them if the price were cheap, don't want to give away top prospects and picks for a rental on the downside of their career, if we could get one for say Caron fine otherwise stick with what we got. I would rather swing for the fences if they do trade. Just wondering if Nashville would move Weber? They are not going anywhere and should look at rebuilding.

To Boston:
Shea Weber

To Nashville:
Loui Eriksson
Ryan Spooner
Matt Fraser
2014 1st rd pick.

Would love to see a pairing of Chara and Weber that would be as nasty as it gets and the bombs they could unload on the PP would be awesome!

Is Mike O'Connell the GM of Nashville now?

You don't trade a diamond for 3+ rubies when you only can play with 5 stones at a time.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

To Boston:
Shea Weber

To Nashville:
Loui Eriksson
Ryan Spooner
Matt Fraser
2014 1st rd pick.

There`s not one player on that list that Nashville would look at and say "yep, he`ll step in nicely for Shea"

Talk about selling the farm, sorry, I`ve seen this movie too many times, a team "goes for it" and buys/trades/sells/pillages anyone they can to make a run only to fall, the overwhelming majority of the time, flat on their face (need only look to the Pens last year as the most recent example).

Overwhelming evidence that teams who "tweak" or do next to nothing, are usually the one`s who take er all the way

Absolutely love Weber, and while that list of players/prospects is nice, that`s a lot of the potential future to give away for a team who`s drafting hasn`t left me breathless with optimism in recent years

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I dont think the Preds would trade Weber, but just for giggles...

To BOS:
Weber

To NAS:
Hamilton
Spooner
Koko
Smith
2014 1st
2014 2nd

That prolly will get turned down by the Preds and their fans lol...

member 96824

I dont think the Preds would trade Weber, but just for giggles...

To BOS:
Weber

To NAS:
Hamilton
Spooner
Koko
Smith
2014 1st
2014 2nd

That prolly will get turned down by the Preds and their fans lol...

They let fans help in Nashville? Why haven't any of them suggested a forward??

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Can we not merge this into the other thread, and ban all Weber trade proposals? I mean we could also try to trade for Sid...

member 96824

Can't believe this gets its own thread but my mega 4 way that lands Weber, Doughty, and Suter doesn't

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Nashville isn't trading Weber-it would have to be more like Krejci on that list instead of Eriksson and neither club is going to do that. If Nashville didn't want Weber they would have let him go to the Flyers when they offer sheered him.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
There's a better chance of this happening than Weber ending up here for Loui and prospects...:laugh:

That's exactly why I suggested it. If we give Chia 6-7m to play with, that time machine thing could really happen.

How much can one of these possibly cost?

Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts

To Boston:
Shea Weber

To Nashville:
Loui Eriksson
Ryan Spooner
Matt Fraser
2014 1st rd pick.

:amazed:

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
That's exactly why I suggested it. If we give Chia 6-7m to play with, that time machine thing could really happen.

How much can one of these possibly cost?

Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg

1.21 Gigawatts is a lot easier to come by these days. The only issue I see is if you need a new flux capacitor, but maybe eBay?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
If we trade our:

2016 1st and 2nd, Boychuk, Hamilton, Subban for Doughty
2015 2nd and 3rd + Koko for Hemsky
plus the trade in the OP, we ice:

Lucic Krejci Iggy
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Paille Soderberg Hemsky
Caron-Campbell-Kelly

Chara-Weber
Doughty-Krug
Miller-Bartwoski

I mean salary cap aside (which really doesn't matter), how is this not already happening?

*and even with that, people would find a way to complain about Caron*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad