Proposal: BOS-LA-NYI

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm having trouble following. Youre not sending Englund and Rittich to NYI correct?

For Pageau I’d give him up for a 2nd round pick.

Also, why is BOS trading Ullmark?

Reactions: Glorydays22 and SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm having trouble following. Youre not sending Englund and Rittich to NYI correct?

For Pageau I’d give him up for a 2nd round pick.

Also, why is BOS trading Ullmark?

No, Englund and Riitch are going to Boston, Ullmark to LA, and Pageau to Boston. I was thinking maybe Turcotte as the add from LA that would go to NYI for Pageau, and maybe a throw in here and there.

Ullmark traded because we have Swayman and we need help in the lineup, we’re starting to wilt.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Don't see why Boston does this, they downgrade from Ulmark to Rittich and get a dime a dozen D-man in Englund and Pageau who is about to become a bad contract.

The 2 attractive pieces here are Turcotte (potential) and Ulmark. Boston gives up 1 and does not get the other. Maybe Boston fans feel otherwise but this does not work for them IMO

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Seems like this could be a straight LA - Boston trade with no need for a 3rd team. Rittich has been good for LA with the coaching changes though. If Blake feels this isn't somehow acceptable for now, Ullmark makes a lot of sense. The problem is Boston only real need is at center.

Would LA make Dubois that 2C by moving out Danault? Would Boston accept a deal around a 31 year old C? Danault is flat out better than Pageau so in that sense it might be worth considering as he addresses a need. Bruins fans might hate the guy from his days in Montreal and hate this suggestion.

Reactions: SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Seems like this could be a straight LA - Boston trade with no need for a 3rd team. Rittich has been good for LA with the coaching changes though. If Blake feels this isn't somehow acceptable for now, Ullmark makes a lot of sense. The problem is Boston only real need is at center.

Would LA make Dubois that 2C by moving out Danault? Would Boston accept a deal around a 31 year old C? Danault is flat out better than Pageau so in that sense it might be worth considering as he addresses a need. Bruins fans might hate the guy from his days in Montreal and hate this suggestion.
That might work, but figured LA wouldn’t want to part with roster pieces in a playoff run.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That might work, but figured LA wouldn’t want to part with roster pieces in a playoff run.

LA was my 2nd team but after the last 2 years facing my Oilers in the playoffs that fandom is on pause. So while I can't speak as a current fan, I'd say you're probably right. Ullmark would provide huge value though (I'm a fan of him since his days in Buffalo and wanted the Oilers to get him)

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Ullmark to LA for Englund & Riitch and something to NYI
Pageau to Boston for the extra from LA and something reasonable from Boston

No idea what the blanks are, but thought this was a good start for Boston, addressing their size and grit on the backend, center issue, and face off problems. Probably needs some salary cap work too.

Edit, was thinking about Turcotte as the add from LA to go for Pageau, and probably something added to balance the salaries.
WTAF, Ullmark is the best player in the trade, so the B's get two scrubs and the Turcotte goes to the Islanders?? Even Peter Chiarelli wouldn't make that deal!!

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
WTAF, Ullmark is the best player in the trade, so the B's get two scrubs and the Turcotte goes to the Islanders?? Even Peter Chiarelli wouldn't make that deal!!
Yeah, so the original question was what needs to be added. Pageau gives us someone who can win faceoffs at the end of a game, we don’t have that now in case you haven’t noticed. Englund is a big rugged defender, which everyone on our board agrees we lack.

Reactions: saintunspecified

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, so the original question was what needs to be added. Pageau gives us someone who can win faceoffs at the end of a game, we don’t have that now in case you haven’t noticed. Englund is a big rugged defender, which everyone on our board agrees we lack.
NYI fan here. Pageau has been a major cause of late-game wilting this year. That said, you know his playoffs pedigree. (But the next two years on his contract aren't looking pretty.) I'd have thought Nelson would be a better fit. (He could play center or wing, serve as a trigger the 2nd PP.) Of course, JGP would be a dump, and Nelson isn't.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
NYI fan here. Pageau has been a major cause of late-game wilting this year. That said, you know his playoffs pedigree. (But the next two years on his contract aren't looking pretty.) I'd have thought Nelson would be a better fit. (He could play center or wing, serve as a trigger the 2nd PP.) Of course, JGP would be a dump, and Nelson isn't.
Isles aren’t trading Nelson for some teams table scraps either. It’s going to be some insane overpayment by a team or Brock will just ride out the contract until the end on Long Island. A mediocre young player and a mid round pick won’t get it done. It’s going to be a 1st, top prospect (league wide top prospect) and a quality young player at minimum for the pride of Warroad.

Reactions: Glorydays22

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I admittedly haven’t watched many NYI games this year. Pageau has been a guy that has always given Boston troubles. I figured he’s the same age as Ullmark, plays gritty and most importantly for us, wins faceoffs. We don’t have anyone tha5 can win faceoffs in the third period.

Perhaps the return I’ve asked for isn’t enough for Ullmark, maybe need a pick or prospect coming back too. But I tried to pick things that specifically addressed a need. A gritty faceoffs winner, a big physical defender, and a competent backup to replace Ullmark behind Swayman For the rest of the year.

I figured I also didn’t overshoot, which is a very common problem on this forum.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I don’t think the Turcotte for Pageau thing makes sense. If anything maybe Pageau might even be a negative asset.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I don’t think the Turcotte for Pageau thing makes sense. If anything maybe Pageau might even be a negative asset.
Come the deadline, If the isles do move him. I think people will be surprised on the return. Deadline, teams go crazy and pay crazy prizes. It happens every year.

Reactions: Rorschach

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Come the deadline, If the isles do move him. I think people will be surprised on the return. Deadline, teams go crazy and pay crazy prizes. It happens every year.
His contract will hinder a deal though. As a pending UFA, teams will take guys like that all day. If anything, he goes onto the 4th line as a winger and shifts over for faceoffs/pk.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ullmark to LA for Englund & Riitch and something to NYI
Pageau to Boston for the extra from LA and something reasonable from Boston

No idea what the blanks are, but thought this was a good start for Boston, addressing their size and grit on the backend, center issue, and face off problems. Probably needs something added and some salary cap work too.

Edit, was thinking about Turcotte as the add from LA to go for Pageau, and probably something added to balance the salaries.

Woo, cant wait to trade the Vezina trophy holder for 2 bottom of the roster JAGs and a 3rd JAG that gets paid like someone that's good

Reactions: CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad