Proposal: Bos-Edm

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
First off guys I do like the makeup of the team as is and think we have a good shot at it again, however I was thinking if we added one more top 6 type we could drop someone like Marchand/Eriksson to the thrid line and have a very dangerous top 9.

I am not sure the Oilers would ever go for this or maybe some of us B's fans won't , but wondering if something of a package of Dougie Hamilton + we do have some good prospects to add maybe Knight as an example, for Taylor Hall. The oilers have a great group of young forwards and could use another top D prospect like Hamilton to go with Darnell Nurse they drafted.

Ok people try not to rip this to shreds, just wondering if others think this is even possible? Would love to get Hall with the B's. So not sure what we would have to add to Hamilton and if it would be worth it or not.

acr*

Neither team would want to do that

Edmonton isn't giving up Hall for anything short of a king's ransom, and the Bruins shouldn't give up several pieces of depth for one top six winger.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hamilton is our only blue chip prospect on the blueline. We don't need another top 6 forward.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Edmonton isn't trading Hall for anything less than a crazy offer....soemthing along the lines of Lucic AND Hamilton

Simple answer- pass

nycbruins*

Yep. Not getting hall, no sense in moving your only great young d-man.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I agree with the posters above. We need Hamilton in the future to develop into a top pairing Dman and at least partly replace Chara after he retires. We don't really need another top 6 forward, our top 6 is arguably the best in the league. The third line is a big question mark, but why don't we just wait and see who will be on that line and how will they perform. We can always bring a veteran (like Jagr) at the deadline for more scoring depth and it will not cost us Hamilton +

That is for the idea in general. If I have to react to your specific proposal, I would trade Hamilton and Knight for Hall without a second thought, regardless of team needs. He would be great for us and we could use other assets to replace Hamilton. Of course, the Oilers would not touch this trade. Hamilton needs to prove himself a little bit more to return a player like Hall in a trade.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Not enough for Hall. Would gladly do it (cap issues ignored), but Edmonton isn't moving him for less than a mega package. As someone else noted, think more Looch/Dougie.

Eberle is the kid I'd love to see out of the Oilers. But can't think of what the B's would be willing to give up, Marchand/Subban/+?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Not enough for Hall. Would gladly do it (cap issues ignored), but Edmonton isn't moving him for less than a mega package. As someone else noted, think more Looch/Dougie.

Eberle is the kid I'd love to see out of the Oilers. But can't think of what the B's would be willing to give up, Marchand/Subban/+?
I'd be so mad if we traded Marchand. One of my favorite B's.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

For all he offers I wouldn't trade Marchand alone for Eberle. So I don't see anything like that happening.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yeah I guess you guys are right the Oilers would want a lot for him. Hamilton is a great young D prospect, although I do like Krug and Bartkowski even though they don't carry the same potential as Hamilton. I tell you though I really like this Morrow kid the Bruins got in the Seguin deal. I think he could be even better than Dougie and hence the reason I thought of packaging Hamilton for Hall, but again they would want way too much probably.

Too Bad the Bruins did not end up with the top pick that year and would have taken Hall.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Has any trade that anyone has ever suggested on this board ever actually happened?
I suppose by the law of averages one must have been, but the ideas usually strike me as crazy.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Yeah I guess you guys are right the Oilers would want a lot for him. Hamilton is a great young D prospect, although I do like Krug and Bartkowski even though they don't carry the same potential as Hamilton. I tell you though I really like this Morrow kid the Bruins got in the Seguin deal. I think he could be even better than Dougie and hence the reason I thought of packaging Hamilton for Hall, but again they would want way too much probably.

Too Bad the Bruins did not end up with the top pick that year and would have taken Hall.

He was considered Pittsburgh's top prospect before he hit some struggles in the AHL and some other kids jumped him on the list. Looks like he played better for Texas than Wilkes-Barre and I think once in the B's organization with Claude and the coaching staff the kid could turn out to be a real quality player.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland

Agree 100% on Morrow..Next to Loui, he's the biggest name we got back and I've been raving about Morrow since we got him...I think he's a cant miss prospect!!

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
First off guys I do like the makeup of the team as is and think we have a good shot at it again, however I was thinking if we added one more top 6 type we could drop someone like Marchand/Eriksson to the thrid line and have a very dangerous top 9.

I am not sure the Oilers would ever go for this or maybe some of us B's fans won't , but wondering if something of a package of Dougie Hamilton + we do have some good prospects to add maybe Knight as an example, for Taylor Hall. The oilers have a great group of young forwards and could use another top D prospect like Hamilton to go with Darnell Nurse they drafted.

Ok people try not to rip this to shreds, just wondering if others think this is even possible? Would love to get Hall with the B's. So not sure what we would have to add to Hamilton and if it would be worth it or not.

I really have a hard time seeing Edmonton trading Hall, it would have to be a crazy offer, one that they couldn't refuse. I agree with whoever said the + in Hamilton+ would probably have to be Lucic.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Our best shot atlanding Hall was basing something around Seguin. Edmonton could've used him at center, Boston could've used Hall at wing.

Nugent-Hopkins/ Eberle
Seguin/ Yakupov

member 96824

Our best shot atlanding Hall was basing something around Seguin. Edmonton could've used him at center, Boston could've used Hall at wing.

Nugent-Hopkins/ Eberle
Seguin/ Yakupov

We could have traded Seguin and Horton for Hall!

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
We could have traded Seguin and Horton for Hall!

Easy yes imo! And considering Horton signed in the hockey abyss (Ohio), I think there's a chance he would've re-upped in Edmonton. They have houses in Edmonton iirc. :laugh:

Hall is a LW, one of he, Marchy or Lucic would need to convert to RW. Hall was meant to be a Bruin.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Hall isn't being traded. The Bruins already have their top six filled out as of now, Hamilton is a key member of this team moving forward and he, like Hall, won't be traded.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I really have a hard time seeing Edmonton trading Hall, it would have to be a crazy offer, one that they couldn't refuse. I agree with whoever said the + in Hamilton+ would probably have to be Lucic.

I wouldn't trade Lucic for Hall even straight up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad