Proposal: Bos - col

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I didn't mean it specifically at you, man. I meant in general, which is where I believe LSC was at too.

As for the difference between Kobasew and Clutterbuck... Well, if you're watching dude - you don't need stats to tell you the difference between the two.

Well, shoot. I like Clutterbuck. But, if he was healthy...and available...what would it take to get him? Our 1st, 2nd, plus... ???

I guess that would have been a trade I would look at. But he isn't going anywhere unless we overpaid dearly for him...it might be have been worth it...if he wasn't a broken heap.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i wish people would jump on the okposo train.. guys is having a relatively down year and really has never lived up to his potential.. hes big, strong and can score , for some reason the islanders cant seeem to get it out of him.. i think he needs a change of scenery.. and i wish streit was available, but i have a good feeling he wont be.. so i would go for visnosky .. . say 2nd rounder, krug, pevs and one of our goalie prospects. hell throw in cohen too .. i love pevs but if you can make this deal by including him then i would hope they do it.. not a gm.. but a dreamer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i wish people would jump on the okposo train.. guys is having a relatively down year and really has never lived up to his potential.. hes big, strong and can score , for some reason the islanders cant seeem to get it out of him.. i think he needs a change of scenery.. and i wish streit was available, but i have a good feeling he wont be.. so i would go for visnosky .. . say 2nd rounder, krug, pevs and one of our goalie prospects. hell throw in cohen too .. i love pevs but if you can make this deal by including him then i would hope they do it.. not a gm.. but a dreamer

I like Okposo, but right now I don't think anybody has any idea of what type of player he is or is going to be. Difficult to judge what fair trade value would be on a guy like that.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This constant idea of revisiting the past amazes me. The guy is playing terrible hockey, always hurt, and in case I didn't mention it, looks really, really, really bad.

First it was Ryder, now this? Hilarious. If you want to take a flier on a former Bruin, why not see if you can get Brad Boyes back? He's at least contributing offensively this season and would help the third line far more than Kobasew.
Ryder would've been a great pickup. Have you not watched him play the last two years? So why wouldn't people suggest bringing him back.

What amazes me more than revisiting the past, is the mindset that "this guy's already played for us so he won't be able to contribute again".

That being said, I'm not keen on bringing Kobasew back though.

GodTukka*

Because it's not like Ryder has been great with Dallas/Montreal and was a key cog to the Bruins cup run or anything right? -__-

Guess not

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ryder would've been a great pickup. Have you not watched him play the last two years? So why wouldn't people suggest bringing him back.

What amazes me more than revisiting the past, is the mindset that "this guy's already played for us so he won't be able to contribute again".

That being said, I'm not keen on bringing Kobasew back though.

I didn't say Ryder couldn't contribute at all. In terms of his play last year, it was certainly better than his last two seasons here. Remember when he was benched for not giving enough effort? It's one thing to lament not having a player of his abilities on the 3rd line, but it's another to understand why he ended up there to start with.

It's also my opinion that he wouldn't have put up 35 goals like he did in Dallas had he stayed here. He's always been a guy who seemed to struggle with motivation. Last year he had it, but I'm not so sure he would have had the same desire if he'd stayed in Boston. Different systems, different responsibilities.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I like Okposo, but right now I don't think anybody has any idea of what type of player he is or is going to be. Difficult to judge what fair trade value would be on a guy like that.

I agree with you to an extent, we don't know what Okposo might turn out to be...but that is the reason he is intriguing. What he has been is a guy who has scored 18+ goals every season he has played more than 65 games. I'm not saying he is a perfect player, far from it, but considering the options available, he might not be a bad gamble. I think he has proven that he is a good third line player at worst, and with any luck the guy blossoms into a top 6 player going forward. He still has three more years left on his contract at a manageable 2.8 cap hit, and he is turning 25 this April. That being said, yes, trying to figure out fair value for this guy will be difficult, but everyone is going to cost you this year, and he might be discounted due to the fact that he is having a down season. I wouldn't mind them rolling the dice on him.

2008-09 New York Islanders NHL 65 18 21 39 36 -6 -- -- -- -- --
2009-10 New York Islanders NHL 80 19 33 52 34 -23 -- -- -- -- --
2010-11 New York Islanders NHL 38 5 15 20 40 3 -- -- -- -- --
2011-12 New York Islanders NHL 79 24 21 45 46 -15 -- -- -- -- --
2012-13 New York Islanders NHL 29 3 9 12 32 -8

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Last night's tweet from Dan Rosen

Chiarelli also said he's looking to add "more than just depth." He obviously isn't going to divulge his plans, but that gives you an idea.

Don't get too excited but I think Chia has better plans than Kobasew haha

Count me in on the Okposo train. Thats a good idea.

Change of scenery might be able to help him find his place

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Like the Okposo idea, probably won't be a home run type trade but could be a triple that drives in 2.

If we go after anyone on the Lanche i want Hejduk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad