Proposal: Bos - col

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
No exactly a barnburner of a trade, but this player had his best years as a Bruin and would provide good speed and forechecking ability down the wing on our 3rd line.

He's a free agent next season and comes on the cheap.

Feel free to punch me in the face. Moderators...I don't mind.

Chuck Kobesew for Craig Cunningham or Maxime Sauve and a 3rd Round pick.

Enjoy.

mdonova33

Nov 7, 2011
No exactly a barnburner of a trade, but this player had his best years as a Bruin and would provide good speed and forechecking ability down the wing on our 3rd line.

He's a free agent next season and comes on the cheap.

Feel free to punch me in the face. Moderators...I don't mind.

Chuck Kobesew for Craig Cunningham or Maxime Sauve and a 3rd Round pick.

Enjoy.

What's with Kobesew's games played in the last couple seasons? 49, 63, and 58 in the last three seasons. Has he been hurt?

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Yeah I figure, he's a veteran at this point...and having him on the 3rd line wing allows us to keep Paille where he bleongs. The 4th line hasn't been great when we have had to bring Paille up to the 3rd.

Would love to see another move to the top 6, but I don't think it will happen.

A top 4 defenseman would be even more important for the playoff run.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, he`d be an upgrade from Pandalfo. Truth is folks, I can see these kinds of deals being virtually the only kind we`ll see as we near this deadline around the league. I don`t see Feaster suddenly reaching a point of acceptance about his teams chances of not making the playoffs, I don`t see Dallas letting Morrow (as suggested here) go.

I`ve watched about 8-9 Flames games now, and a kid who`s gotten some NHL spot duty, who`s an absolute bruiser, undisciplined and a bit of a project but a guy the fans would love in Boston................Akim Aliu........think Nigerian born, a beast, highly doubt they`d let him go but...

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
What's with Kobesew's games played in the last couple seasons? 49, 63, and 58 in the last three seasons. Has he been hurt?

He's pretty fragile. But it's a by-product of his game-style versus size situation. He's a wolverine on the forecheck and goes hard to the net.

The thing with this trade is that it would really be a pure depth signing. He can play either wing.

I like the looks of this:

Kobesew Peverly Caron

There's a good balance of speed, grit and net front presence on that line.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Well, he`d be an upgrade from Pandalfo. Truth is folks, I can see these kinds of deals being virtually the only kind we`ll see as we near this deadline around the league. I don`t see Feaster suddenly reaching a point of acceptance about his teams chances of not making the playoffs, I don`t see Dallas letting Morrow (as suggested here) go.

I`ve watched about 8-9 Flames games now, and a kid who`s gotten some NHL spot duty, who`s an absolute bruiser, undisciplined and a bit of a project but a guy the fans would love in Boston................Akim Aliu........think Nigerian born, a beast, highly doubt they`d let him go but...

Aliu.

Interesting.

But would he help the team this year?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This constant idea of revisiting the past amazes me. The guy is playing terrible hockey, always hurt, and in case I didn't mention it, looks really, really, really bad.

First it was Ryder, now this? Hilarious. If you want to take a flier on a former Bruin, why not see if you can get Brad Boyes back? He's at least contributing offensively this season and would help the third line far more than Kobasew.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Aliu.

Interesting.

But would he help the team this year?

Discipline is a bit of an issue and I`m not sure Claude would trust him but...had a bit of a tussle in a bar an off-season, not sure if he has the kind of mentality that would fit in the locker room

Likes to drop em too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLESeFYLYUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l7TgM9xdM8

A punch with hatred kind of guy....I was thinking more of a Thornton replacement down the road

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This constant idea of revisiting the past amazes me. The guy is playing terrible hockey, always hurt, and in case I didn't mention it, looks really, really, really bad.

First it was Ryder, now this? Hilarious. If you want to take a flier on a former Bruin, why not see if you can get Brad Boyes back? He's at least contributing offensively this season and would help the third line.

Knuble, I am sure, could be had for peanuts:sarcasm:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's soon to be 31 and I liked him here- I'd have to rely on scouts but worth a shot

Sauve has been playing well lately, and imo Cunningham can do everything pretty well- just needs size and will be under the tutelage of his former Vancouver Giants strength coach

I'd probably make a move to get Chuckie but dont be surprised if Cunningham is one of those guys some day we wish we had

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

First it was Ryder, now this? Hilarious. If you want to take a flier on a former Bruin, why not see if you can get Brad Boyes back? He's at least contributing offensively this season and would help the third line far more than Kobasew.

So funny, right? I am dying over here.

But honestly what's wrong with going back to ex-Bruins players if it means bolstering depth? They are more familiar with the culture and the system and can play right away. Anyone else we make a trade for at this point...would have to go through a bit of a transition...

Also... Brad Boyes is not available. And even if he was, he isn't a third line player he hasn't had a perfect career. Despite having some finish...he's slow, soft as soap and when the game is on the line, he's not going to do what it takes to win. He is the epitomy of a perimeter player.

At least Kobesew blocks shots, takes and gives checks, goes to the net. And...I wouldn't have mentioned him if he hasn't been healthy for the most part this season.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

But honestly what's wrong with going back to ex-Bruins players if it means bolstering depth? They are more familiar with the culture and the system and can play right away. Anyone else we make a trade for at this point...would have to go through a bit of a transition...

Also... Brad Boyes is not available. And even if he was, he isn't a third line player he hasn't had a perfect career. Despite having some finish...he's slow, soft as soap and when the game is on the line, he's not going to do what it takes to win. He is the epitomy of a perimeter player.

At least Kobesew blocks shots, takes and gives checks, goes to the net. And...I wouldn't have mentioned him if he hasn't been healthy for the most part this season.

Chuck Kobasew is made out of glass. He can't stay healthy, and when he does play, he's not much more than a 4th line guy. He's barely an upgrade over Pandolfo, who is also a joke. If you're going to make a move, why go with what amounts to nothing more than what's essentially a lateral one?

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
A deal like this at the deadline wouldn't shock me, and he was a guy he had on my list. He would be thrown into the mix on the 3rd/4th lines, and ultimately provides some options/depth. I'm not sure you would need to give up a prospect plus a pick, maybe either or...but who knows, maybe that will be the market, even for a depth guy like Kobasew. He's not my first, second, or even third choice, but he, or someone like him, might be the only choice available.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Chuck Kobasew is made out of glass. He can't stay healthy, and when he does play, he's not much more than a 4th line guy. He's barely an upgrade over Pandolfo, who is also a joke. If you're going to make a move, why go with what amounts to nothing more than what's essentially a lateral one?

Chuck Kobesew - 27 gms 4 g 4 a +7

He is one point behind Rich Peverly...

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

You know what's funny about it, dude? And I don't mean YOU specifically. But in general, the vast majority of trade offers on these boards are either for
a) Superstars or former Superstars
b) Former Bruins

What that says to me, is that people aren't watching anything but Bruins hockey. They are making trade suggestions from a place of almost complete ignorance, most of the time for players that most couldn't wait to get rid of when they were around.

Why not bolster depth? You're absolutely correct. Why not? But also, why not look for actual solutions, rather than re-acquire players that weren't good enough the first time around?

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
You know what's funny about it, dude? And I don't mean YOU specifically. But in general, the vast majority of trade offers on these boards are either for
a) Superstars or former Superstars
b) Former Bruins

What that says to me, is that people aren't watching anything but Bruins hockey. They are making trade suggestions from a place of almost complete ignorance, most of the time for players that most couldn't wait to get rid of when they were around.

Why not bolster depth? You're absolutely correct. Why not? But also, why not look for actual solutions, rather than re-acquire players that weren't good enough the first time around?

Well, I hear you on the Superstars/Ex-Bruins concept. But it also comes down to what is available, right? I posted about the Bruins going after Jamie Mcginn...and got shelled a few weeks back. McGinn hasn't looked much better than Kobesew.

I watch a lot of hockey dude. My original post clearly stated that I knew this was not a barn-burner trade. But I also have some common sense. Chia hasn't ever really made a huge spash except for Kaberle and that was a bummer. I don't see him making any changes to our top two lines. So, it's really looking like a third line player tiype of move. From what I have seen, I personally think Kobesew is playing better hockey RIGHT NOW and would come on the cheap.

Maxime Sauve is not NHL ready. And it doesn't look like we are going to get Brendan Morrow.

I am sure there are other deals out there to be made, but this is an example of a CHIA style trade.

I also see this as almost a "Moneyball" kind of trade. People here get a huge boner for guys like (the injured) Cal Clutterbuck...but in reality, his stats aren't any better and they come at a much higher price. I feel the same way about Brendan Morrow.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Well, I hear you on the Superstars/Ex-Bruins concept. But it also comes down to what is available, right? I posted about the Bruins going after Jamie Mcginn...and got shelled a few weeks back. McGinn hasn't looked much better than Kobesew.

I watch a lot of hockey dude. My original post clearly stated that I knew this was not a barn-burner trade. But I also have some common sense. Chia hasn't ever really made a huge spash except for Kaberle and that was a bummer. I don't see him making any changes to our top two lines. So, it's really looking like a third line player tiype of move. From what I have seen, I personally think Kobesew is playing better hockey RIGHT NOW and would come on the cheap.

Maxime Sauve is not NHL ready. And it doesn't look like we are going to get Brendan Morrow.

I am sure there are other deals out there to be made, but this is an example of a CHIA style trade.

I also see this as almost a "Moneyball" kind of trade. People here get a huge boner for guys like (the injured) Cal Clutterbuck...but in reality, his stats aren't any better and they come at a much higher price. I feel the same way about Brendan Morrow.

I didn't mean it specifically at you, man. I meant in general, which is where I believe LSC was at too.

As for the difference between Kobasew and Clutterbuck... Well, if you're watching dude - you don't need stats to tell you the difference between the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad