Waived: Boris Katchouk

Jimmy2Times

Oct 24, 2019
I have at least 2 other guys I'd have done this to before Katchouk so maybe it was an off ice decision after all... I thought he brought valuable minutes to the PK for most of the season and was starting to put together more good games than bad with a couple of goals to boot. Not sure how I see RJohnson or Entwistle getting the nod over him they both have been just as inconsistent.

In the grand scheme of things though this doesn't move the needle either way... plenty of journeymen bottom 6 guys out there to replace him with.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I have at least 2 other guys I'd have done this to before Katchouk so maybe it was an off ice decision after all... I thought he brought valuable minutes to the PK for most of the season and was starting to put together more good games than bad with a couple of goals to boot. Not sure how I see RJohnson or Entwistle getting the nod over him they both have been just as inconsistent.

In the grand scheme of things though this doesn't move the needle either way... plenty of journeymen bottom 6 guys out there to replace him with.
Entwistle and Johnson are extremely consistent. It's just consistently mediocre.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Nah, he's likely one of the "more likely to be guilty" parties (not Formenton but the next tier if you were to track), his statement was... vague.

The other statements are much more affirmative that they weren't involved. Compare to Raddysh for instance.

Innocent until proven guilty and all, but you can start to cross-compare and it certainly looks less good for him than others.
Exactly why I don’t care for him being gone. It’s one thing to show up once every 7 or so games and suck the other 6 but it’s even worse to be linked (potentially at least still) and that’s your only statement about it all.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Clearing probably increases (what little) trade value for Boris. He is a nice depth piece in the AHL for a playoff team that has some injury holes along the way to fill at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad