Waived: Boris Katchouk

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Insanity that this guy is getting waived while Reese Johnson is playing National Hockey League minutes.

Insanity is that both Johnson and Katchouk are getting NHL minutes

Fine with moving on from Katchouk at this point. Showing up once every 8 games is far from impressive

He has had more than enough chances to show what he can do and the guy just disappoints

Reactions: wladyslaw

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Maybe Hawks trade for Berggren and are making room on NHL roster
Filip Roos got called up for the trip to Edmonton. Anthanasiou and Blackwell are both skating. Tinordi to Injured reserve.

Would like Berggren though.

Something has happened where Katchouk has become the 14th forward? I thought he’d played decent as of late, he’ll get grabbed off of waivers…maybe his Team Canada Jr thing?
Don’t think it’s a team Canada thing at all.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Insanity is that both Johnson and Katchouk are getting NHL minutes

Fine with moving on from Katchouk at this point. Showing up once every 8 games is far from impressive

He has had more than enough chances to show what he can do and the guy just disappoints
Well that is because our roster sucks. The choice is generally one or the other. Reese should be getting sent down today, not Boris. Its not about... are they both NHL players or they both suck. Its this guy gets minutes over this guy.. Reese apparently won that battle.. and that is a f***ing joke.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Wasn't Katchouk one of the players on the Canadian WJC team that had some assault charges? Has any official info on that ever come out? Could that be related to Katchouk being waived?

Reactions: ColbyChaos

giza

Jul 19, 2011
A forward who can't break the lineup of the worst team in the league....this should be a wake up call because I"ve noticed that Entwistle has more jump and aggression in his game lately.....one of them gets the message, one of them doesn't.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Pretty sure I read Katchouk was out of the country or something by the time the assault happened, but who knows?
Nah, he's likely one of the "more likely to be guilty" parties (not Formenton but the next tier if you were to track), his statement was... vague.

"Boris has fully co-operated with the Hockey Canada investigation and will continue to provide that co-operation in any further investigation. Beyond this statement we are not commenting further," a representative wrote to Global News.

The other statements are much more affirmative that they weren't involved. Compare to Raddysh for instance.

"As a member of the 2018 world junior team, I first became aware of allegations made against certain members of that team back in 2019.

"At that time, I co-operated fully with the initial Hockey Canada investigation. I was not in any way involved in the alleged incident and I am prepared to co-operate with any additional investigations in the future.

"Given the ongoing investigations, I will not provide any further public comments,"

Innocent until proven guilty and all, but you can start to cross-compare and it certainly looks less good for him than others.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Weird that Katchouk would be waived all of a sudden. I still find it odd he never was given a chance in the top 6 whereas a guy like Raddysh was gifted top 6 minutes since he got here. They both had comparable AHL numbers.
Thank you. Raddysh does nothing.

I wanted Lafferty to get another crack in the top 6 when we had him, since he looked good next to Toews. Now he's found himself playing next to Petterson for the time-being and seemingly bringing value.

There's a small chance that Katchouk could be a decent complimentary guy.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im a little confused.

This team sucks. Its intended to suck. Even if you think Katchouk wont amount to much, its not like we need to optimize the roster. Just let him play here.

This move doesnt even seem worth the time it took to fill out the paperwork

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm gonna give LuRich and Davidson the benefit of the doubt. Reese is always giving everything he has and I'm hoping this a culture decision.

But Katchouk has flashes where he looks like a good NHLer. Not like a replacement guy, his good nights he's a legit power forward. His on ice performance has been better than guys still on this roster. If he's lazy or a shit teammate I can't know that and it makes sense.

But if this is a merit based decision this team is in trouble.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I'd like to see him with Reichel and Entwhistle because I think he could be a fit there and an upgrade to Johnson, but this is fine too.

It's hard to really have too much of an opinion on this given his mostly "whatever" play this season. The more interesting part of this move is if it's a precursor to someone else joining, via trade or back from injury.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'd like to see him with Reichel and Entwhistle because I think he could be a fit there and an upgrade to Johnson, but this is fine too.

It's hard to really have too much of an opinion on this given his mostly "whatever" play this season. The more interesting part of this move is if it's a precursor to someone else joining, via trade or back from injury.
Athanasiou is going to be back soon.

Reactions: jls24

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm gonna give LuRich and Davidson the benefit of the doubt. Reese is always giving everything he has and I'm hoping this a culture decision.

But Katchouk has flashes where he looks like a good NHLer. Not like a replacement guy, his good nights he's a legit power forward. His on ice performance has been better than guys still on this roster. If he's lazy or a shit teammate I can't know that and it makes sense.

But if this is a merit based decision this team is in trouble.
A lot of guys play hard. To borrow your words.. a lot of guys would lay down on 294 to play minutes in the National.

Karchouk isn’t one of them consistently but he provides more than Reese could ever dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad