Booker T Calls Adam Cole Skinny And The Sh*t Hits The Fan

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
It is 100% valid criticism.
AEW has the 2 extremes of lazy out of shape in a lummox like Keith Lee and teenage gamer Adam Cole.
At least with Keith Lee, he is a big dude and that in and of itself provides physical menace, so it's nearly not as bad as Cole.

Nobody is saying you need to do roids, but would it kill you do maybe do some pull-ups in between Halo lobbies?

Look at the transformation Walter and Jericho have had in the last couple of years. Both got heat for being out of shape, and both put the work in. Also look at retired geezers like Edge & Christian who had dad bods for 7-years but got back in shape because they take tings seriously.

Jade Cargill mogs Cole physically.

Reactions: BruinDust

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I've always throught that the Bucks are just over rated, I don't find their matches to be anything more then getting their s$$t in.

As far as Cole goes, I was a huge fan of his in NXT. He was amazing, but he was also in decently good shape probably because part of their day to day in NXT was work outs.

He's got a video game player physique right now, he looks pretty awful. He's also been booked badly, but AEW as a whole is having story and booking problems.

Wrestling right now is just awful.

Your last statement is just not true, National/Global promotions are awful, sure, but the indies are fantastic right now, at least on the west coast and a handful of others. Between Defy and Prestige (which I watch regularly and attend live) I don’t even need to watch the big promotions anymore, but as bonuses I get West Coast Pro, GCW (when the mood strikes), Wrestling Revolver, and Beyond among others.

Not to mention, Impact had its best show in 15 years or more this weekend (yes, going back to 2007). Definitely proved they aren’t a dead promotion. Hopefully it kicks off a bit of a resurgence for them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
My problem with Cole isn't his looks, my problem is he's the most vanilla wrestler to ever exist.

Booker needs to just keep his mouth shut. Most of his takes are just bad.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
My problem with Cole isn't his looks, my problem is he's the most vanilla wrestler to ever exist.

Booker needs to just keep his mouth shut. Most of his takes are just bad.

Cole was super fun in his late period ROH run when he was doing the "Story Time" gimmick. Really gave him some much needed personality, but I absolutely see why somebody would think he was super vanilla... but c'mon dude. Dean Malenko exists (whom I love, because the dude could WORK, but he was far more vanilla than Adam Cole at his most vanilla).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cole was super fun in his late period ROH run when he was doing the "Story Time" gimmick. Really gave him some much needed personality, but I absolutely see why somebody would think he was super vanilla... but c'mon dude. Dean Malenko exists (whom I love, because the dude could WORK, but he was far more vanilla than Adam Cole at his most vanilla).

Woah Woah Woah. How dare you besmirch the legend of Dean Malenko and his legendary gimmick of "I know how to wrestle goood"

Slander against the man of 1000 holds will not be tolerated at this juncture

/s

You're right though. Dean is so vanilla I forgot he existed until reading this post.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Woah Woah Woah. How dare you besmirch the legend of Dean Malenko and his legendary gimmick of "I know how to wrestle goood"

Slander against the man of 1000 holds will not be tolerated at this juncture

/s

You're right though. Dean is so vanilla I forgot he existed until reading this post.

I've heard there's a dude out there that knows 1004 holds. Malenko ain't shit, bruh. :laugh:

Reactions: Blitzkrug

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Booker T should attend an AEW event and go up to Cole and say "Hey man, you're with catering right? Can you get me a cappuccino, sucka?"

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Adam Cole is a great worker

Adam Cole is a great a promo (I think his delivery is one of the best in the business)

But Booker T isn't wrong about Adam Cole. All he's saying is if he could put on some more muscle mass he'd be less prone to getting hurt. More mass, better suited to absorb bumps/contact/impacts/etc. It's not rocket science. As great as Adam Cole is there is room there to improve his overall physique for his own benefit. Other pro wrestlers have put the work in.

We've heard the same concerns over Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks as smaller, slender women's wrestlers. How there is reluctance to get behind them as they can be more prone to injury taking bumps.

That's all Booker was saying here. Had nothing to do with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, sorry Renee Paquette.

Leave it to the Twitter-verse and Internet Wrestling Community to blow his comments completely out of proportion.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
People talk about looking the part because it helps the suspension of disbelief. Where is the disbelief suspension with Irish whips?

Reactions: The Marquis

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Look at Cole's physique in this match and compare it to what it's now at.

A year (?) later he was looking less muscular already:

People talk about looking the part because it helps the suspension of disbelief. Where is the disbelief suspension with Irish whips?
Some questions are simply not asked and that is one of them.

Reactions: Megahab

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Remember how all those wrestlers kept dropping dead in their 40's because their hearts exploded from performance enhancers? Remember how that was essentially a job requirement and in some cases still is human cost be damned? That's why it's such a touchy subject: improve your physique in wrestling has always meant get on the gas.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Remember how all those wrestlers kept dropping dead in their 40's because their hearts exploded from performance enhancers? Remember how that was essentially a job requirement and in some cases still is human cost be damned? That's why it's such a touchy subject: improve your physique in wrestling has always meant get on the gas.
Holy hyperbole, Batman! Since when has "improving your physique", with Bryan Danielson namedropped several times, suddenly jumped to meaning 80's steroidfreaks??

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Get lost with that garbage. Plenty of pro wrestlers worked hard in the gym to improve their physique. Not everyone took shortcuts. Lots did, but lots didn't.

Booker T didn't imply that either. Why does the internet community always have to twist around comments made into something that it isn't.

Performance enhancers? What is this a competitive sport now? Guys who did anabolic steroids did so at their own volition. No one forced them to be pro wrestlers. They made a choice. And last time I check, plenty of sweaty fat f*** wrestlers died at an early age too. They weren't pumping themselves with steroids given that most of them had to wear a t-shirt to the ring to cover up their beer gut.

I'm sure the early deaths of a lot of pro wrestlers had nothing to do with excessive drinking, smoking, chasing valiums with a liter of vodka, cocaine use, excessive use of painkillers and god knows what else. None of that had any impact it was all "performance enhancers". (Sarcasm).

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Get lost with that garbage. Plenty of pro wrestlers worked hard in the gym to improve their physique. Not everyone took shortcuts. Lots did, but lots didn't.

Booker T didn't imply that either. Why does the internet community always have to twist around comments made into something that it isn't.
The "work on your physique" line has always been interpreted as use PHD (See the famous scene in Beyond The Mat with JR and that guy who had the tryout match). He may not have meant it that way (and I'm quite willing to give Booker the benefit of the doubt that he didn't make the comment in a malicious manner) but that is what it has always implied as a "read between the lines" deal. BTW who is the single biggest star in WWE (Who they just brought back in a panic)? The guy who got popped on multiple occasions for the stuff (albeit in UFC, how he evaded the WWE's strict testing is quite miraculous).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The "work on your physique" line has always been interpreted as use PHD (See the famous scene in Beyond The Mat with JR and that guy who had the tryout match). He may not have meant it that way (and I'm quite willing to give Booker the benefit of the doubt that he didn't make the comment in a malicious manner) but that is what it has always implied as a "read between the lines" deal. BTW who is the single biggest star in WWE (Who they just brought back in a panic)? The guy who got popped on multiple occasions for the stuff (albeit in UFC, how he evaded the WWE's strict testing is quite miraculous).

Who cares if Brock Lesnar did any sort of HGH or whatever in pro wrestling? What are you USADA now? Different in a competitive sport like UFC. Pro Wrestling is entertainment. It's illegal by the governments standards for usage to build muscle, but really as a fan do I care about that? No. Brock Lesnar can take all the HGH wants.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

If you've been reading the dirt sheets lately, or listening to Booker (not recommended), he's basically a tool for WWE at this point. Everything positive he says is to WWE's benefit. Everything negative he says is about AEW. It's just silly at this point. His opinions are also generally tone deaf to what fans seem to want. He's become that old school guy that thinks the style of wrestling from his day, or his company is the only way to do things and that no other ways are acceptable. Think Jim Cornette... who strangely has come around more as of late... not enough of course, but at least he makes it so ridiculous it's funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad