Boeser vs Virtanen - Better Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Boeser is to me a better prospect and will be a better NHL scorer.

Virtanen is a carbon copy of Chris Kreider and projects as a 40-something point middle-6 forward. Boeser looks like a guy who could score 35-40 goals someday with the right center.

Reactions: dim jim

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Also voted Boeser....what he's already accomplished as an 18-year old has far surpassed Virtanen...plus with his shot already at an NHL-calibre, I could see Boeser getting a lot more pp time.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Boeser

editing this as I don't want to start this dicussion actually

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Boeser more points. As for which player will have a 'better' career, I'm not sure at this point. The easy answer is Boeser but I think Virtanen will need at least a couple of more years before we get a real handle on the level of player he will be.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Boeser more points. As for which player will have a 'better' career, I'm not sure at this point. The easy answer is Boeser but I think Virtanen will need at least a couple of more years before we get a real handle on the level of player he will be.

I agree with this, I like both players...they both play a very different style of game though.

Got to say, I'm not really sure the point of this poll?

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
My money's definitely on Boeser. I really struggle to see Virtanen as much more than a 3rd liner, while Boeser's tracking incredibly well towards being a top-6 guy.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Boeser.

I didn't see Virtanen as a good pick when it happened and I don't think it was now. Just imo but he I don't see him as anything more than a role player who contributes modestly to offense on the third line.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Thanks for making a win/win thread.

Virtanen has a lot more playmaking potential than hes given credit for. Boesser is playing in the ncaa. Virtanen is a power forward playing at 19

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
what is the point of this poll? did you honestly expect this to be close? :laugh:

It should be closer than it is IMO...Big jump to the NHL, even from the AHL. I still agree the money is on boesser but man.... When you watch the playoffs, these types of games.... if virts can ever figure it out he will be a great player to have.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
one was rushed into the nhl and the other is playing collegiate hockey. hard to say.

Boeser looks much better right now but is playing inferior competition. He isn't just going to walk into the nhl either. He is newer, shiny, and really doesn't have any stains yet. we'll see how he progresses when he decides to move up.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Boeser for me and it wasn't really much of a tough choice. I see JV having a Chris Kreider ceiling and Brock has 25+ NHL goal scorer upside.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
don't underestimate someone like Jake Virtanen.

I tell ya right now... would have been huge for Nashville if they had Him instead of Filip Forsberg , or MIke Ribero in the Sharks Series for example. Skill matters, but when its gone, it's totally useless.

Jake Virtanen was drafted for series like against the Sharks. or when the going gets tough and your scorers aren't doing stuff, someone like Virtanen can be useful.

Reactions: dim jim

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
don't underestimate someone like Jake Virtanen.

I tell ya right now... would have been huge for Nashville if they had Him instead of Filip Forsberg , or MIke Ribero in the Sharks Series for example. Skill matters, but when its gone, it's totally useless.

Jake Virtanen was drafted for series like against the Sharks. or when the going gets tough and your scorers aren't doing stuff, someone like Virtanen can be useful.

Agree, I'm a bit afraid that our fan base is turning on this player...we seem to do that very quickly with power fwds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad