Proposal: Boeser to Calgary

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Andersson and Valimaki are coming back the other way if you want Boeser.

Don't want to trade them to us? You don't get Boeser. Simple as that.

Those are the only realistic players I'd want from Calgary, and it's highly unlikely they'd do that trade so there's no point discussing it.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The Flames get a lethal top 6 scorer while the Canucks get futures. Do you think Calgary would be interested in something like this during the summer and is the deal fair?
P.S: This is just for fun so don't hate on me

To Calgary
- B. Boeser
- 2020 7th Round pick
To Vancouver
- D. Dube
- S. Bennett
- T. Hamonic signing rights
- 2020 First Round pick
- 2022 Conditional Second Round pick: Becomes a First if Boeser scores at least 70 points or if Calgary advances to the Conference finals in either of the next two NHL seasons.

Fair?
Cant do this!!!! Certain flame fans think Bennett is Crosby or McDavid...they claim he is worth a first alone......value is OK but cant see Van taking a step back

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Bennett is what you hoped sutter would be, so he's not valueless, he's just not a 4th overall pick quality player.

Dube is actually pretty good. I disagree with my comrades about how good evidently, but I see him as a stable 2nd line two way forward for his career.

The 1st this year has pretty good value- could be in the hunt for the lottery if they go by pure points %.

I still don't think it's enough for Boeser, especially from our biggest Canadian rival (no one counts the losers up north who deserve to be in the AHL) but it's not a valueless package, the fact that we take Sutter's contract on too I think is being overlooked.

If it was Valimaki+Dube+1st 2020, does that make it any better?

Reactions: Schred

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Bennett is what you hoped sutter would be, so he's not valueless, he's just not a 4th overall pick quality player.

Dube is actually pretty good. I disagree with my comrades about how good evidently, but I see him as a stable 2nd line two way forward for his career.

The 1st this year has pretty good value- could be in the hunt for the lottery if they go by pure points %.

I still don't think it's enough for Boeser, especially from our biggest Canadian rival (no one counts the losers up north who deserve to be in the AHL) but it's not a valueless package, the fact that we take Sutter's contract on too I think is being overlooked.

If it was Valimaki+Dube+1st 2020, does that make it any better?
Not a bad offer but I think most nuck fans consider Brock on the same level as MK. Brock I think will have better point numbers but Mathew brings that edge and demeaner every team loves. I think Brock only gets moved if it fills a pressing need at RHD and makes the team better and one of Jake or Podz steps up to take a spot in the top 6.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Flames should actually look at a deal based around Andersson or Hanifin. As it stands now, they will have to likely expose Kylington. So any deal that moves Andersson or Hanifin for a forward has less of an overall impact on the team.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
The Flames should actually look at a deal based around Andersson or Hanifin. As it stands now, they will have to likely expose Kylington. So any deal that moves Andersson or Hanifin for a forward has less of an overall impact on the team.
I would be interested to see what we could get for Hanifin, but I dont think we can afford to give up andersson. We have a very weak right handed shot d.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I would expose Kylington before Andersson or Valimaki. Good thing Valimaki is exempt due to his injury. So then the question becomes who do you expose to keep Kylington? Answer is any of the older D-men including Gio.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I would expose Kylington before Andersson or Valimaki. Good thing Valimaki is exempt due to his injury. So then the question becomes who do you expose to keep Kylington? Answer is any of the older D-men including Gio.

Everyone would expose Kylington before Valimaki/Andersson. The question then becomes is the team better if Kylington or Giordano is taken or if one of the d-men is traded for a forward.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
We would have the worst farm in the league easily if we did that. WAY too much.

Well if you think about it Vali + Pelletier and 2 1st in the next 3 years, would be starters for a young stud like Brock Boeser

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Well if you think about it Vali + Pelletier and 2 1st in the next 3 years, would be starters for a young stud like Brock Boeser

All that for a Monahan clone that plays wing to boot? Id rather throw an offer sheet at Barzal.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Calgary fans repeatedly have said that valimaki is exempt.... I haven’t seen it other than a media reporter who isn’t an insider and it seems to be way off from the last rules.

he was paid this year and was LTIR so it should count. Also. If the season starts up.... won’t he play?

If the season runs until September could they really hold him LTIR?

he had surgery last august..... he was “ahead of schedule” in December.

How could they possibly justify that if the season starts. He would be on the roster for sure.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
All that for a Monahan clone that plays wing to boot? Id rather throw an offer sheet at Barzal.

Offer sheet worth??? Don't mention it without a cash contract idea 7M×7Yrs? And yeah sure Monahan and Boeser could be comparables in a way, but it'd create 2 or maybe be the star on the 3rd line

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Offer sheet worth??? Don't mention it without a cash contract idea 7M×7Yrs? And yeah sure Monahan and Boeser could be comparables in a way, but it'd create 2 or maybe be the star on the 3rd line

Pal you're giving away 4 first rounders away for Brock Boeser. We can aim a little higher, and at that cost you shouldn't care what the AAV is coming in because that return should be an elite player, which BB is not (yet). x

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
4 1st for boeser? really?? dude is literally winger monahan, who people are willing to trade away for sam reinhart. How many players are actually worth 4 1sts? there were questions whether marner and rantanen were worth a 4 1st offersheet and you want to give it away for boeser?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad