Sportsnet: Boeser has rescinded his trade request- Good Article,He resented and blamed Hockey for not being there for his dying Dad.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I still think they will trade him, but at the same time, I just want him to have success wherever he is, he’s been through a lot of shit, money, or not, losing your father is beyond tough.

I nearly lost my mother this year, I can’t even imagine actually losing your parent
It's definitely tough. Coming up on a year since my old man passed, and that was relatively sudden. I feel for the guy and can understand the emotions he must have gone through. I'm sure a lot of folks here can agree that it completely derails your life and can seriously impact your career.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
great article. when you lose your motivation to perform for work, every aspect of your life suffers. One factor that doesn't matter where his head will be next season, his ability to stay healthy. If he gets hurt again, he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Reactions: BretterThanYou

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I feel for him. I just turned 32, and my dad is in his late 50's. The fact that I will one day need to keep living when he's gone is often in the back of my mind.

I'm glad he's re-finding his love for hockey. I know I'll be an absolute mess when it comes.
This...everyday

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Losing your father is tragic but the way Boeser’s father passed is just so heartbreaking. Watching his father deteriorate from his Alzheimers and Parkinson’s disease over the years took a toll on him. Last year after training camp Boeser had said Duke was doing well and was shocked when he visited his family I believe during the bye week how suddenly and abrupt his father’s conditioned had worsened, not to mention the previous year rarely being able to see him due to covid restrictions.

He’s honestly such a great individual too, the amount of incredible stories of him are available from a quick search, he’s a class act and a really cool person.

If Boeser can still put up points while dealing with all of this as well as losing his love for hockey, just imagine a motivated Boeser who’s found his passion for hockey again. I’ll take a slower but skilled forward over a speedy skater with nowhere near the skill level of Boeser’s anyday of the week.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I've been saying this and I will continue saying this I'd rather have Boeser than Garland or Beauvillier, Boeser hasn't been himself for reasons stated in the article but, he still played at a decent clip. While I like Garland i believe he has some value and could net us a quality NHL dman. Beauvillier IMO will be redundant once Michkayev comes back. Also I'm of the opinion that you always pick the guy with the higher ceiling and in this case that's obviously Brock Boeser.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
If they're smart, they'll trade him for defensive help if possible.

I think a focused Boeser can definitely come back to his previous form.

The thing is, he has very little value right now. But, if he does what he says and becomes a useful two way player, we could easily trade him at next years deadline at 50% retained for REAL value, then flip that for defensive help if we so choose.

I understand we have cap constraints, and if Boeser ends up being the most plausible casualty of that then so be it, but I don’t think selling low on him, in a bubble at least, is the best move. And, I should say, I too also think Boeser has another gear to show.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
That hit close to home. People are great at hiding their grief, but usually when a close relative dies, they're in hell emotionally. I had a very hard time at work after my dad passed, but we all must just simply move foreword, and it had a tremendous negative effect on my job. Having to fix other peoples problems seemed so friggin stupid, and it just pissed me off listening to these people bitch. Even a friend of mine, who is constantly depressed for other reasons, annoyed the shit out of me with his moping. I'm like "dude, you still have both parents; f*** off!!"

It just seems like nothing else matters when that sort of loss happens. Wish the guy the best

Reactions: Nucker101

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I feel for him. I just turned 32, and my dad is in his late 50's. The fact that I will one day need to keep living when he's gone is often in the back of my mind.

I'm glad he's re-finding his love for hockey. I know I'll be an absolute mess when it comes.
I was a little older than you when my dad passed, except he was 82. I spent my entire life knowing he was going to pass away when I was still relatively young, and it still sucked and for a few months I had a pretty rough time. I think the hardest part though was the timing. My wife was six months pregnant and was so excited about finally being a grandfather for the first time.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I have to admit I didn't really follow the Canucks/why he wanted out but it made perfect sense after reading that article.

Reactions: Grantham

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
For better or worse the Canucks are in win-now mode, makes little sense to trade a young top 6 winger.
Cap reasons. That money is better spent at C and D. Boeser was giving it his all near the end of the season and still has lost his shot and doesnt have the foot speed needed in todays NHL

• Haha
Reactions: mc1laren

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I've been saying this and I will continue saying this I'd rather have Boeser than Garland or Beauvillier, Boeser hasn't been himself for reasons stated in the article but, he still played at a decent clip. While I like Garland i believe he has some value and could net us a quality NHL dman. Beauvillier IMO will be redundant once Michkayev comes back. Also I'm of the opinion that you always pick the guy with the higher ceiling and in this case that's obviously Brock Boeser.
Garland will be quite difficult to trade. He’s the least valuable of the three.

Beauvillier has the most value between the three of he, Boeser and Garland.

Beauvillier at 50% retained would be a slick deadline asset if he keeps scoring goals like he did. At a $2.1mm AAV, he’d fetch a nice return.

Last edited:

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Cap reasons. That money is better spent at C and D. Boeser was giving it his all near the end of the season and still has lost his shot and doesnt have the foot speed needed in todays NHL
He had it two seasons ago. I honestly believe his conditioning has been bad and I kind of understand why. Where to find the motivation?

If we do keep him I hope he proves us all wrong.

Nov 1, 2011

Didn’t Boeser score at a 25G, 60 point pace post trade deadline?

Edit:
His stat line since the trade deadline:
GP 19
G 6
A 8
PTS 14
+4

…far from terrible, and we wasn’t getting top line deployment, Beaulivier was.

Agree that Van needs to shift cap from wing to D but Boeser wasn’t the useless slug you are describing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad