Sportsnet: Boeser has rescinded his trade request- Good Article,He resented and blamed Hockey for not being there for his dying Dad.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Not to say Boeser wont get traded this off-season but he has officially rescinded his trade request and has emphatically stated he wants to stay in Vancouver

Boeser looked like a new person/player after the TDL. You can see the sense of relief in him and it showed in his game.

Good read in the article into the insight of a hockey player. Its so easy to forget that these guys are humans first and pro athletes 2nd.

Aug 3, 2021
If they're smart, they'll trade him for defensive help if possible.

I think a focused Boeser can definitely come back to his previous form.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If they're smart, they'll trade him for defensive help if possible.
I still think they will trade him, but at the same time, I just want him to have success wherever he is, he’s been through a lot of shit, money, or not, losing your father is beyond tough.

I nearly lost my mother this year, I can’t even imagine actually losing your parent

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to deal with that, especially at such a young age and under the microscope of playing in a hockey crazy market.

Unrelated, but can Boeser act? The guy would be my #1 choice to play a young Robert Redford if they made a biopic. He doesn't just look like him but has such similar body language

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
I've never wanted to see a player succeed more than Brock Boeser. Knowing that he wants to stay, I hope we keep him. I always liked him as a player, and he's got a lot of potential that he never tapped into because of injuries and awful personal issues.

This guy can be a 70+ point top line winger in this league. I believe it.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Issue with Boeser is:
  • His speed and ability to keep up with the ever increasing pace of the game
  • Not good defensively
  • Makes almost $7M on a cap strapped team that could better use the space towards fixing the defense
Wonderful person. Been through alot.

But from a business perspective, it's always made sense for him to be traded.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Issue with Boeser is:
  • His speed and ability to keep up with the ever increasing pace of the game
  • Not good defensively
  • Makes almost $7M on a cap strapped team that could better use the space towards fixing the defense
Wonderful person. Been through alot.

But from a business perspective, it's always made sense for him to be traded.
His agent had permission from the start of December to go out and find a deal. He came up empty. All those issues you talked about aren’t just issues for Vancouver. Any team considering him would have the same problems when determining if he brings value

Reactions: cavs

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
His agent had permission from the start of December to go out and find a deal. He came up empty. All those issues you talked about aren’t just issues for Vancouver. Any team considering him would have the same problems when determining if he brings value
Well ya.

That’s why he is still in Van.

Reactions: Qwijibo

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
So he blamed hockey.
Would JT Miller be an extension of hockey?
Would he be blaming JT Miller?
(because I would blame JT Miller)

Go Canucks!
Bo Horvat, is that you? Time to get ready for Game 3, sir.

Good for him to get past the hurdle that would be this incident in his life. Hopefully he and Beauvillier can both have great seasons, then both can be moved (Garland and Myers can hopefully get shipped out this season).

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'd love to see Boeser in Anaheim. Not sure what that deal looks like though. We'd be able to take full cap.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Team playing below what they can “I want a trade”

Team playing how most expected them to “I want to stay”

Shocking

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad