Eklund Rumor: BOBROVSKY!! to Florida (E4)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not giving up a 1st for a 30+ year old soon to be UFA Goalie.
Others could offer more, but I rather not trade off the 10th to 14th overall pick for a guy they could just sign in 5-6 months.

Only way a trade makes sense for Florida would be to dump Reimer off to Columbus and knowing that Luongo will retire or go on LTIR in the offseason.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Honestly i can see both Panarin and Bobrovsky with Florida, Both are friends with Dadonov so you never know. Just don't see Florida giving up futures for a player they can sign for free come July 1st.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just don't understand how Florida takes on another goalie with Luongo's contract. ???

Edit: I guess if they trade Reimer the situation isn't that dire.

Luongo's salary drops from $3.382M to $1.618M next year and then two more years at $1M. What's the probability he plays next year at age 40? Zetterberg didn't play his $3.35M salary year and Hossa didn't play his $1M salary year two seasons ago.

I think Luongo may retire at the end of this year.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I wonder if like a Huberdeau + for Panarin and Bob makes sense. Florida re-signs both and Columbus gets their Panarin “replacement”

Contract would have to be agreed upon beforehand of course. Not sure if Florida can/should dish out that kind of money though

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
It’s Eklund but I’ve seen *some* of his E4 become reality lolll.

On a serious note If this happens , Panthers would become legit . I’d root for them

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why would Florida trade for him? There's no chance they make the playoffs and they can get him for money only this summer.

Well if Cbs said they want to keep their players for a playoff run, I doubt they would trade their #1 goalie.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Why would Florida trade for him? There's no chance they make the playoffs and they can get him for money only this summer.
i wouldn't count florida out of the playoff even if they are far behind, with trocheck back, everyone is in their seat, it makes the team much more stable and adding a more constant goaltender could do damage, Florida is SUPPOSE to be a playoff team on paper.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I wonder if like a Huberdeau + for Panarin and Bob makes sense. Florida re-signs both and Columbus gets their Panarin “replacement”

Contract would have to be agreed upon beforehand of course. Not sure if Florida can/should dish out that kind of money though

IMO Panarin will get what, 9-10 mil a year? So 3-4mil more than Huberdeau.
McGinn comes off the books in 19-20, so that counters the increase in cap hit.
Bob cap hit should rival Reimer+ Luongos cap hits, hopefully not much more than those two combined.
It's doable.

Reimer+ would have to be included. If CBus has interest in a guy like Bjugstad too that would be great too lol

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
IMO Panarin will get what, 9-10 mil a year? So 3-4mil more than Huberdeau.
McGinn comes off the books in 19-20, so that counters the increase in cap hit.
Bob cap hit should rival Reimer+ Luongos cap hits, hopefully not much more than those two combined.
It's doable.

Reimer+ would have to be included. If CBus has interest in a guy like Bjugstad too that would be great too lol

Was this you? :laugh:

Panarin and Bobrovsky - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: ShootIt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
honest question: when was the last time Eklund was right about anything? He makes money by just throwing random proposals on the internet with "more to come". it's not even amateur journalism. I don't understand why he has a tag on HF.

Broke the Mike Richards trade in 2010 iirc. Other than that...

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Solid points, 1st plus good prospect I would guess, maybe another later round pick (4th?)

Then we look to flip something for a stop gap goalie, someone with like 2 years left or something

Quick to Columbus I'd guess? I don't see how LA is going to retool with trading Muzzin away and accepting a pick and prospects for him. They also have a solid tandem in Petersen and Campbell.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Quick to Columbus I'd guess? I don't see how LA is going to retool with trading Muzzin away and accepting a pick and prospects for him. They also have a solid tandem in Petersen and Campbell.
I could see Talbot maybe. Quick is a little too old for Columbus to trade for.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Originally quick was an ideal target, then I saw he has 5 years left on his deal...yikes

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
most of the gossip hounds have about a 1% accuracy in guessing trades. For example. Murzan from LAK to TO was a no brainer. But no one had the deal until it went down. A few said "Leafs should be all over it" but that does not count. Simply guessing a player will be trades does not count. Guessing where he is going and when is the key aspects of the game and most trades this year no one had them before it happened

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was suggesting Bob to the Panthers the other day to another Panther fan I know. I'll begin by profusely apologizing to you both
tenor.gif

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I do think Bob would be a good fit in FLA

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If this is in the card I expect Florida to request to negotiate a contract extension before.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if hes not going to resign in clb, then why waste a 1st or a good prospect? yea we'd want him but we can wait till the offseason. unless they can do it without handing over a 1st and theyd probably have to take reimer or luongo in some form or fashion, or have something lined up with another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad