Bobrovsky Save of the Year

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Most desperate saves are. Doesn't take away how great of a save it was.
Agreed, most are, like this, it's the ones that are pure skill that are the true SOTYs. He literally just threw his body toward the opposite side of the net and hoped for the best, which worked. He wasn't even looking lol.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I thought he played it poorly right up until he did that, and then I didn't care because that save was awesome.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Well, it worked but along the ice was free. Hasek would instead have cartwheeled on his back with his blocker arm tightly against the ice to cover the option along the ice while hopefully covering the upper parts of the net with his pads, which is really the best thing to do here.

This one looked good because by luck the opponent happened to hit the one part of the net he covered with his arm, but he seriously didn't cover a lot. I'm not a fan of calling saves where the opponent luckily hits just the one part he covers as incredible saves, even if they happen to work out. Especially in situations like this, where along the ice would be a free goal as it's completely uncovered, because by default, shooting the puck along the ice should be trivial.

In short, not save of the year for me, but I can see why people find it impressive. I'm not fond of results-based evaluation.
Life is a results based evaluation.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
He wasn't even looking lol.
oh but he was! He realized that to make a save on the incoming shot he has to move with the momentum of his body (so he turned the wrong way around) or it will be too late. He saw the puck and where it went, he saw a guy coming down to shoot it and he just did something against all conventions trying to increase the chances of him making a save from 0% to 0.5%. He absolutely forced his luck.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
My biggest complaint is the ad in the background moving and making my eyes flash towards the ad for half a second distracting from the epicness of the save.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
That save left me hot and bothered.

This better than the one I think on “Big Dave Save” where Singh and the broadcast were going nuts. Similar save but Brown’s shot would have gone over the glass. This puck was going right in

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2