Bobby Sanguinetti

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
He went from terrible to serviceable as a bottom pairing defenseman as the season has gone along, but don't tell the rest of the board that because he is a blight on this franchise, much like McBain and Jokinen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Sanguinetti had a rough start, but like most young defensemen, it takes time to adjust to the NHL game. I still think he has a future in the NHL as a bottom pairing guy who will contribute some offense. He's gotten better as the season has gone on so if he can keep improving, he could fill that role nicely. Maybe I'm being more optimistic than others, but some guys take longer to develop and hit their stride.

sticknpuck

Mar 3, 2013
(Ice) Cap City
twitter.com
He's very handsome

I agree.
4_h_022413_hurricanes_ints_275x203_2338409371.jpg

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I see Sangs as a potential late-bloomer. He had a lot of issues at the beginning of the year that you'd expect from rookie PMDs. But the more ice-time he's gotten, the better he has played. I can see him next year taking the Corvo role as the 4-6 DMan with some PP skills. It's a good idea to be patient IMO, defensemen often take a LONG time to develop. Him and Riley Nash have already paid off FAR more than most 2nd round picks in this league, so overall, good asset management to have bought low on those two.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
I see him as very much like a Corvo type player. I don't think that's really a need on this team, too many of our D our offensive minded as is.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I was his biggest critic a few weeks ago, but honestly he's gotten way better. If he keeps learning and adapting he'll be a fine third-pair guy.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
He makes some real bad decisions. Not that great at defense. Okay at offense. He's a good AHL dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad