Confirmed with Link: Bobby Ryan being bought out

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This is honestly devastating after his comeback last year. Unless he’s had a major setback this just seems like a massive punch in the gut so Eugene can save some cash.
It’s not that big a cash savings since he has SBs due. Very strange.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I just went to the main boards and saw this.

What the hell, that sucks man. I like Bobby. One of the few vets left and thought he was turning a corner with his off ice issues.

Feels bad man.

Reactions: DrEasy and jhutter

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Wow this is crazy. Bobby was miserable here...it's possible he asked for it as well. He's an all American lad who probably just wants to live in anonymity in the states.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
“Congrats on your Masterton, oh yeah we’re buying you out...”

I mean, I realize he hasn’t performed anywhere close to expectations but was his cap hit really a hinderance at this point?

A true professional, I hope Bobby can get a deal elsewhere and succeed.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Wow, I thought we'd want to keep his cap hit around for sure. Seems a little bit shitty to get rid of him right after what he went through. Unless he wants out which is reasonable

Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
At this point that sort of move is just petty.

We have a bunch of young players coming in and some real veteran presence with team history is needed.

Reactions: DrEasy and Deku

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Strange to do it now, i guess were trading all those second rounders for Hossa and Stepan style contracts etc...to get to the floor even more artificially. Lowest real dollar per point here we come babay!

Reactions: slamigo and derriko

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Really. I don’t think Ryan “deserves” anything. It’s too bad for him personally but it opens a roster spot. Good hockey decision but doesn’t make much sense financially.

That's pretty cold dude.

The guy has a mental health issue, and from what we know recovered from it and has a handle on it .

You don't think he deserves a 2nd chance from the Sens?

Reactions: bert and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad