Bobby Hull Quote

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this thread, but I was wanting to see Bobby's famous quote about his ex-wife again. Something to the effect of "I used to be a millionaire..." I forget, can somebody refresh my memory?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
"My wife made me a millionaire. I used to have three million dollars.â€

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Speaking of which, in the coffee-table picture book The Golden Jet, whenever there are childhood pictures of his sons Brett, Blake and Bobby with his ex-wife in the picture, she is identified merely as "their mother.":yashin:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Speaking of which, in the coffee-table picture book The Golden Jet, whenever there are childhood pictures of his sons Brett, Blake and Bobby with his ex-wife in the picture, she is identified merely as "their mother.":yashin:

Hahahahaha, brilliant! :handclap:

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
He may call them their mother, but I bet she calls him lots of things that are not printable. She should have called the cops.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Hull was the first professional hockey player I met. He came in as a promotion for the company my mom worked for, I was five at the time and he signed a bunch of stuff I still have. He asked me to sit on his lap while he signed everyone’s autograph, needless to say for a five year old this was as exciting as it got. For all of Hull’s personal faults he always took care of the fan and one reason I have a soft spot for the Blackhawks

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
I was at a golf tournament that had female caddies, and Bobby Hull was the guest speaker, here's his quote:

"I have been told that behind every good man, there's a good woman. Now I know that behind every good woman, there is a good behind."

Mr Atoz*

People say Hull was a pompus @ss...but he probably is the best LW to ever play the game

He was way worse than that. He regularly beat the crap out of his wife and said things that could have - or should have gotten him shot. There's very few players and probably no great players that I have less respect for than Bobby Hull.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
He was way worse than that. He regularly beat the crap out of his wife and said things that could have - or should have gotten him shot. There's very few players and probably no great players that I have less respect for than Bobby Hull.

Any proof of this? Interested to read some stuff about him.

Briere Up There*

Sounds like a real man to me. You need to ease up.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

That's the rumor but one has to remember that until the early 70's "wife beating" or any type of abuse was considered a martial matter and the cops rarely ever stepped in.

I had the pleasure of meeting, when i was in high school, Rosemary Brown a NDP MP from New Westminster who stood up in the house of commons to talk about bringing in laws to prevent wife beating from talking place and she was heckled and jeered at the time.

Bobby was a playboy and the original quote machine but we should really look at him as a player only as the times were completely different and this is coming from someone who has never ever even thought of hitting a woman or girl and won't tolerate it today but it's not fair to judge people using todays standards

pluppe

Apr 6, 2009
That's the rumor but one has to remember that until the early 70's "wife beating" or any type of abuse was considered a martial matter and the cops rarely ever stepped in.

I had the pleasure of meeting, when i was in high school, Rosemary Brown a NDP MP from New Westminster who stood up in the house of commons to talk about bringing in laws to prevent wife beating from talking place and she was heckled and jeered at the time.

Bobby was a playboy and the original quote machine but we should really look at him as a player only as the times were completely different and this is coming from someone who has never ever even thought of hitting a woman or girl and won't tolerate it today but it's not fair to judge people using todays standards

those are some low standards. would you say the same about lynching? or apartheid? or burning witches? or lobotomy? or any other stupid **** people have done to people?

Bobby Hull was a great hockey player. and I have no idea if he has done stupid ****. but I don´t see any need to defend stupid ****.

Chumley

Dec 31, 2010
Victoria, B.C.
I remember the allegations and rumours against him for beating his wife. One was that he pushed his wife off the sun deck and she got hurt, to what extent, I can't remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad