Bob McKenzie's Seinfeldian moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The TSN.ca article is essentially a word-for-word transcript of his on-air comments on Sportscenter during a panel discussion with Burke, Healy and Duthie. TSN usually posts his on-air comments in this format online; it's just that in this case, he didn't have much to say.

Lanny MacDonald*

Bicycle Repairman said:
Link

What could be more apropos than nothing than six sentences about nothing?

I know he posts here, but this isn't one of his better moments.

What's the big deal? Every one of your posts is Seinfeldian. And that's when you are having your better moments.

:handclap:

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I dunno, writing about nothing seems rather apt at this point, especially since nothing is what we'll be watching come playoff time...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Nothing. That's about what we've got. Nothing. There is really nothing to say. Until the players agree to negotiate a deal based on a percentage of revenue there won't be anything to talk about. Until at some point the league goes to impasse or the top teams in the league withdraw and start fresh.

The players don't matter. They have nothing to say on the subject. Goodenow is the only person on the player's side that matters. I am convinced that Goodenow would prefer wreck the league himself if he can't get a win at the bargaining table.
He won't agree to a salary cap and if that brings the league down, that's just fine with him.

So, that leaves us with nothing. I also agree with Gretzky. As soon as this season is cancelled the next season is in jeopardy.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
txpd said:
Nothing. That's about what we've got. Nothing.

Well... it's not a perfect nothing... Since, nothing can be perfect where nothing exists...

There's still (and always) something ...

The labour negotiations are at a point where nothing is perfect enough that they can't come to an agreement...

But time is also perfect enough to find the something in the nothing...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
let's get a couple of things straight here...

McKenzie , like other known writers that are members of HF, will be afforded the same respect as any other member.

Their works are open to criticism.

As an individual and member , they personally are not.
Doing so will be viewed as a personal attack and dealt with accordingly.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Hey, it's like the philisophical theory that given an infinite amount of time, an infinite number of monkies banging away at an infinite number of keyboards (used to be typewriters, but those days are past us I would guess) will eventually write Shakespeare.

I'm willing to give Bob the benefit of the doubt here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad