TSN: Bob Hartley "high on Ferland"

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Well he's right Monahan won't learn much. He was already a dominating force, hence being taken in the top 10. I don't know if it will hold him back, nor do I know if it will help him grow, but I think the consensus is that Monahan is too good for Juniors and "maybe" just shy of the NHL's top 6. I disapprove of the CHL's set-up because of situations like these. What's best for the player should be most important.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Neither would I, I was asking if I was alone or not.
then no, you are not alone.

Honestly I think Monahan could emerge as our #1 and outplay both Stajan and Backlund. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
then no, you are not alone.

Honestly I think Monahan could emerge as our #1 and outplay both Stajan and Backlund. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

He very well may if he's played with the right guys. Cammy will get his points, and having another good complimentary winger could see him emerge as our RNH is his rookie year (our #1C).

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I wonder if the Flames will have a Calder candidate. Between Bart, Mono, Knight and maybe a guy like Wotherspoon, there could be trophy there. I wonder if Berra would be eligible too?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder if the Flames will have a Calder candidate. Between Bart, Mono, Knight and maybe a guy like Wotherspoon, there could be trophy there. I wonder if Berra would be eligible too?
I do believe last year was Berra's last of eligibility

I think Monahan is our best shot to have a winner.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I do believe last year was Berra's last of eligibility

I think Monahan is our best shot to have a winner.

Why better than Baertschi? Are you saying Monahan will be better, or just citing the bias that the judges will have against a guy who has played in two NHL seasons already?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why better than Baertschi? Are you saying Monahan will be better, or just citing the bias that the judges will have against a guy who has played in two NHL seasons already?
I am saying Monahan will have a better season.

I believe this for 4 reasons.

1. Monahan only has to surpass Stajan and Backlund to achieve top line minutes. Where as Baertschi has to outplay two of Cammalleri, Glencross or Hudler to become to earn top line LW minutes.

2. Baertschi seems to be a bit fragile.

3. Monahan will be given the opportunity to be a top penalty killer.

4. Monahan is known for his consistency and strong effort on every shift. Baertschi is not all that consistent. While in Abbotsford despite watching for him he would often be invisible for all but a few minutes a game, he would just happen to produce in those few minutes.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I am saying Monahan will have a better season.

I believe this for 4 reasons.

1. Monahan only has to surpass Stajan and Backlund to achieve top line minutes. Where as Baertschi has to outplay two of Cammalleri, Glencross or Hudler to become to earn top line LW minutes.

2. Baertschi seems to be a bit fragile.

3. Monahan will be given the opportunity to be a top penalty killer.

4. Monahan is known for his consistency and strong effort on every shift. Baertschi is not all that consistent. While in Abbotsford despite watching for him he would often be invisible for all but a few minutes a game, he would just happen to produce in those few minutes.

I agree with all of this and I also think that Monahan will be given better linemates to play with to try and help boost his offensive game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad