News Article: Bob Cole Passes Away At 90

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
He put out a fantastic book, I highly recommend it. It's called "Now I'm Catching On", and he has some great stories in there.

The Borschevsky and Sakic goals gave me chills. Thanks to all for sharing the clips. Great times of Mr Robert Cole making memories for us all!

Reactions: OddyOh

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Legend. He was the voice I grew up watching Hockey too. RIP Bob.

Bob Cole & Harry Neale. Iconic.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
It might not be an exaggeration to say he was the best play-by-play guy of all time.

I posted this on the main board, too. There's only 2 play-by-play guys that I can hear in my mind when I watch hockey. Joe Bowen and Bob Cole.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
The best. His voice is forever associated with hockey in my brain. Rest in peace.

His quote in my signature had long been one of my favourites.

"Don't try to steal the game from the players". -Bob Cole

• Love

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It might not be an exaggeration to say he was the best play-by-play guy of all time.

I posted this on the main board, too. There's only 2 play-by-play guys that I can hear in my mind when I watch hockey. Joe Bowen and Bob Cole.
100%, watching the Leafs growing up with Bob Cole doing games was simply amazing.

Reactions: OddyOh and banks

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I guess in times like these it offers a little perspective to all of us as to what's most important in life... RIP forever Bob Cole

Bob Cole calling the Nikolai Borschevsky game 7 overtime goal is one of my greatest childhood memories (Gilmour made that goal happen)

This current Leafs vs Bruins series does give me a bit of 1993 Leafs vs Detroit vibes...

Reactions: torontoblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad