Bo Horvat vs Darnell Nurse

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver

Apologies if the link doesn't work or it's not in English. No bias here, Nurse wins this fight but overall I'm proud of Bo for taking on someone as tough as Nurse, that guy can throw down.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
OP add this. it works but not english

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
IMO Nurse lands more significant shots at the start. I've been in enough hockey fights to know that a lot of punches get thrown but not enough land the way you intend. Nurses just seemed to land a bit better.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Michael Haley and Nik Ritchie can take note. Nurse realized that Horvat hadn't dropped his gloves, and took a moment to understand what was happening, so he tied up until Horvat drops his gloves and was ready to go.

I think he learned his lesson after the Polak incident.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I'm gonna call this a draw.

Nice to see Horvat answer the bell after Nurse dropped his mits. I like how Nurse went about it to. He didn't give Horvat much of a choice but also waited until Horvat dropped his mits so they could have a fair fight. Props to Nurse

Its always nice to see a non fighter stand up to someone who can throw and hold his own. Props to Horvat for going with a tough customer in his first NHL fight

Maybe the other "leaders" on the Canucks can take some notes. Watching Horvat (a non fighter) answer the bell was refreshing after years of watching the Sedins just take abuse and do NOTHING. They won't stand up for themselves or their teammates yet they are supposed to be the team leaders.

Horvat is the real leader of this team going forward. The following game in Edmonton Hutton stood up for a teammate and got in his first NHL fight against Gryba. Its nice to have players that are actually good players who are willing to stick up for themselves and their teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad