Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not for me.

But wasn't it the first home playoff goal? I thought Adam Hall got the first one 16 seconds in at Detroit.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Not for me.

But wasn't it the first home playoff goal? I thought Adam Hall got the first one 16 seconds in at Detroit.

You are right, and I knew that. Not sure how I missed that in the description.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It is still being referred to as "that 30 minutes" with everyone knowing what you're talking about throughout the league so I think it qualifies.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
It is still being referred to as "that 30 minutes" with everyone knowing what you're talking about throughout the league so I think it qualifies.

I'm not doubting it's a big moment. It's a trade of two superstars. But big and best aren't necessarily the same thing. The CL firesale and following sale attempt was a big moment, but not a good one. It's way too early for this trade to be seen as a definite "best" moment.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
To me, the Legwand goal will remain the single greatest moment in predator history until we win a cup. I dont expect to ever hear that level of excitement again until then. That single steal and goal is the moment we truly arrived as a hockey franchise. Years of hope and frustrations were all released by the 17k original fans, the ones that built this franchise.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
I love getting Subban but right now Legwand's goal wins for me. You can just hear the years of waiting for that moment on that goal. Maybe only louder time ever was Dumont's shorty against the Sharks.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
To me, the Legwand goal will remain the single greatest moment in predator history until we win a cup. I dont expect to ever hear that level of excitement again until then. That single steal and goal is the moment we truly arrived as a hockey franchise. Years of hope and frustrations were all released by the 17k original fans, the ones that built this franchise.

Do you remember how much the building was shaking? It was one of those moments that will always be etched clearly in my memory.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Do you remember how much the building was shaking? It was one of those moments that will always be etched clearly in my memory.

I do! It just felt alive. One of my favorite, if not the favorite moments for me. I remember Greg Johnson was on the radio a day or so before and he was just giddy talking about his excitement at what we were going to get to experience...and he was right!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
How is Weber for Subban a "best moment" when Subban hasn't even played a game yet?

Amen!
We trade our captain away who's been the face of the franchise for years and years and the new guy hasn't even played a single game for us and we are calling this move one of possibly the best moments in franchise history???

Right now it's one of the saddest moments for me and many many other fans. I do not think this will ever be looked back at as one of the top 20 preds moments ever, no offense but it's kind of brutal this is even an option.

Ps,
Weber career turnovers is just over 200 and subban career turnovers is close to 500 and Weber has been around longer... Let that sink in

JR303

Feb 28, 2008

Ha, When I saw this thread go up, I though these exact 2 thoughts. I will always remember going home and seeing a replay of the guys on ESPN trying to talk to a reporter down by the glass before the game and they just had to give up, neither end could hear the other. And that was before the game.

That goal, yeah, I hate to sound superior, but unless you were there, it's impossible to describe the sound, the shake, the arena just exploded. I know I sound like a snob saying all that, but it's just the truth. Was incredible.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ha, When I saw this thread go up, I though these exact 2 thoughts. I will always remember going home and seeing a replay of the guys on ESPN trying to talk to a reporter down by the glass before the game and they just had to give up, neither end could hear the other. And that was before the game.

That goal, yeah, I hate to sound superior, but unless you were there, it's impossible to describe the sound, the shake, the arena just exploded. I know I sound like a snob saying all that, but it's just the truth. Was incredible.

Agreed. You can duplicate the passion for a game but you can't duplicate passion + raw emotion + experience + first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad