OT: BMIPH Round 1: Smithson OT winner vs Preds match offer sheet for Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
^ Same here. Both were plenty exciting and I'll never forget them...but for the franchise itself, have to go with them matching the offer sheet.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Smithson's goal made me jump off the couch, run around with me and my friends high fiving each other and left us chugging beers. First playoff OT win and history was made. Not to mention Weber's tying goal right before. And I hate the Ducks so there's that.

Us matching Weber's offer sheet was awesome, but didn't we pretty much say we were gonna do it if we had to?

Smithson's "moment" wins for me.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Smithson goal was big, but telling Philly to go **** themselves and matching the poison contract was a YUUUUUGE stand up move for the org.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I will never, never forget Smithers' goal; I was hopping around like an idiot for 15 minutes. Love that it was fed beautifully by Tootoo of all people as well. He wins. Weber's desperation goalie-pulled score with ~20s left earlier in the same game is still my favorite.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
at the end of the day, significant moments on the ice - seem to me - to be more important than business events. Sure, not getting pushed around by financial "bullying" was important after the treachery of Liarpold selling us out. But it did do what Philly expected - hamstrung us for a while - so I don't really see it so much a "best moment" but rather a challenge to ownership to put on their big boy pants. We had to do it, but it's not really an accomplishment/achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad