OT: BMIPH Round 1: Preds sign Kariya vs. Preds beat DET 8-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I had to watch that game on TV because I was home for my dad's funeral...while I was able to show my team off to all the relatives (after having assured them that the Red Wings would probably win), it is still sad for me. So, the Paul Kariya signing is my winner. That was a good indication that Nashville was becoming a team with an expectation of winning and moving forward.

I gave my 8-0 tickets to a co-worker--his first game. He'd probably cancel my vote.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I remember being at that 8-0 game with a fever, and being so thankful that day the Preds were handing out Predators blankets before the game as you walked in. Needless to say, I was able to make it just 2 periods and then went home and to bed, fun day all around!

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Heh, so I said moments on ice more important than business moves in one of the other threads, then vote for PK..... however, this is just a regular season game. I know it was a wonderful and deserved beat-down of a division "rival", but still - it's not Hall's or Leggy's or even Smitty's butt goal, it's not winning a PO series, it's not Arvy's OT winner or even Sully's hat-trick in his first game. Now, if it were a shellacking of the BlaHawks and shutting up the bandwagoneers from Chitaco, then maybe.....:) PK came here - circumstances or not - it was his choice and he sought it out, and he's still the most talented player to wear OUR sweater (although 4 years from now I expect that to be Flip and PK-S). That legacy is much greater and more impactful than a 8-0 regular season victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad