Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
1713113605417.jpeg

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Great pass by Thomas to Bolduc..... and the kid tucks it off the post. Now's the time for those moments to happen so he can bury it next year

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Hey, that missed goal could be the difference between 16 pick and 15.
IF we lose out, we might get as low as 13.
Washington, Detroit and Pittsburgh could still catch us(and none of them play each other).

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
IF we lose out, we might get as low as 13.
Washington, Detroit and Pittsburgh could still catch us(and none of them play each other).

One of those will make the playoffs as the WC2. Washington currently picks above us due to being in a playoff spot. We can only drop to 14 if those 3 teams pass us. We'd need Philly to pass us as well to drop to 13. They need to win out in regulation while we lose out in regulation for that to happen.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
One of those will make the playoffs as the WC2. Washington currently picks above us due to being in a playoff spot. We can only drop to 14 if those 3 teams pass us. We'd need Philly to pass us as well to drop to 13. They need to win out in regulation while we lose out in regulation for that to happen.
Don't forget the Ottawa situation.
They have to forfeit their 1st round pick at some point in the next 3 years.
This year, they have an extra(Boston's). The next 2, they don't.
Unless they win the Lottery, I have a strong suspicion they give it up this year.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I really like the way our first two lines are built right now. Bolduc has been the perfect complement to Thomas with his speed to back off defenses, shooting threat he provides, and ability to disrupt defensively. Along with Schenn they are a really balanced trio that can score off the rush or long possessions in the offensive zones. The second line is built really well around Kyrou. Buch is a smart distributor that can find his wingers with speed through the neutral zone and Saad is also a really dangerous rush attacker. I've wanted two separate lines really built to complement Thomas and Kyrou's strengths and Bannister has found the right combinations.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Don't forget the Ottawa situation.
They have to forfeit their 1st round pick at some point in the next 3 years.
This year, they have an extra(Boston's). The next 2, they don't.
Unless they win the Lottery, I have a strong suspicion they give it up this year.
Why would they give up this year's pick? It's currently 7, could be 5-9 going into the lottery. Boston's at best will be 25. I would be shocked if Ottawa's future 1sts are even better than 7, or 11 if they win both remaining games and rise in the standings and then lose the draft and get pushed back further. I think Ottawa would be too. Keep this pick and forfeit a later one that's expected to be further down in the draft.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hmmm I think Kyrou might just be a good player. Substantially improved defense and his shooting percentage normalizing to put him right around 70 points all with only about 18 minutes per game. Pretty decent.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Nice W for the fans. Love what we are seeing from Bolduc. His development has been another highlight of this season for me.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Why would they give up this year's pick? It's currently 7, could be 5-9 going into the lottery. Boston's at best will be 25. I would be shocked if Ottawa's future 1sts are even better than 7, or 11 if they win both remaining games and rise in the standings and then lose the draft and get pushed back further. I think Ottawa would be too. Keep this pick and forfeit a later one that's expected to be further down in the draft.
I'll agree that Ottawa has a really tough decision to make here. No matter what they decide, it could end up hurting them big time.

On the one hand, you're absolutely correct that this might be as high as they pick in the next 3 years.
The question is why they're picking as low as they are.
I think a lot of people would agree that it's a culture problem more than a talent issue. IF management agree's(which I think they do), that isn't a problem that draft picks are going to fix. And further to that; if management agree's, do they really think they can change that within 3 years to get into the PO hunt. Because if they don't think they can fix it that quickly, their Draft position isn't going to improve(and will probably get worse as Giroux ages and their FA's start walking).

It's a complete gamble on their part.
If they give it up this year; they might lose out on the last top 10 pick their going to see for a while, but they'll have the Boston pick to at least grab something.
If they wait, they might end up forfeiting a top 10 pick and go a year without a first round pick at all
And if they wait until '26 they won't have a 2nd round pick either(Chychrun trade) which could really end up hurting them.

It's incredibly risky any way they choose.
If it's me, I only defer if it's in the top 5. Just rip the bandaid off and get it over with.

Reactions: Drubilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad