GDT: Blues @ Wild / Wheel of Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
See this is what I hate about Hitch. Yes, I understand, Jaskin screwed up but he's been excellent today. One mistake shouldn't result in a benching. I know damn good and well if Brouwer had blown the coverage he'd have been right back out there.

On a side note, Fabbri has obviously earned some trust.

Allen, you filthy animal.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
allen won them this game, despite the shenanigans from jaskin and shattenkirk

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
See this is what I hate about Hitch. Yes, I understand, Jaskin screwed up but he's been excellent today. One mistake shouldn't result in a benching. I know damn good and well if Brouwer had blown the coverage he'd have been right back out there.

I saw a couple good plays, but seems like hyperbole to say he was excellent prior to that.

I have no problem with him getting benched.

And I think Fabbri and Parayko out there with the game on the line proves that young players can earn that from Hitch. Jaskin has a large body of work this year arguing that he has not, so far.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Did Hitch treat Gunnarsson the same way? He left his man to join a teammate pressuring the puck carrier, but barely took a stride towards him, which was totally worthless. Instead, the man he was guarding streaked towards the net and received a perfect pass from the puck carrier, and that's how the 2nd goal was scored.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
ten bucks Berglund gets the game winner.... maybe Backes gets an empty netter

so i was wrong about Backes. But, ten bucks (imaginary) that Berglund doesn't get voted a star (when he gets the game-winner, he usually doesn't)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I saw a couple good plays, but seems like hyperbole to say he was excellent prior to that.

I have no problem with him getting benched.

And I think Fabbri and Parayko out there with the game on the line proves that young players can earn that from Hitch. Jaskin has a large body of work this year arguing that he has not, so far.

Maybe saying he was excellent was a little too much, but I do believe he played a quality game. I don't think he deserved to be benched for a single bad shift.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Alright so who's optimistic about April? Maybe they should play with a little more than "no memory" because they keep doing the same ******** every god damn game and it is going to cost them wins in the playoffs

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If we go anywhere in the playoffs, it will be on the backs of the goaltenders. Yet, when we predictably fail, the goaltenders will be blamed in spite of the fact that it's the inability to score that doomed the team.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Alright so who's optimistic about April? Maybe they should play with a little more than "no memory" because they keep doing the same ******** every god damn game and it is going to cost them wins in the playoffs

I expect the same thing to happen as before, but maybe the team wakes up and plays well, as opposed to previous years where they've cruised in to the playoffs somewhat dominating every win.

I'll be cheering, and the inner fan in me will be defending the blues on the playoff main boards and hoping for a win, but it's a bit different than previous years based on the play this year.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
im not thrilled with the team but the one thing this team has going for it is that they seem to play better on the road. you need to win on the road in the playoffs from time to time.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
On the topic of playoffs, I kinda want to think players like Tarasenko and Backes are holding back for the Playoffs. Tarasenko has been playing a lot slower lately, and Backes hasn't been Backes so far this year it seems.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Honestly, I see them winning the first round at a minimum. If healthy, and winning a series, they could get on a role. It kind of depends on which version of Tarasenko we get. That wicked snipe in Ottawa gave me hope that he can turn it back on for the playoffs.

I realize my optimism is deeply ingrained and not logical. It's what allows me to come back year after year. It's not just the team that has to play with no memory.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The prevent defense was in affect at the start of the 3rd. Blues win the faceoff and Pietrangelo has the puck in his own zone. He's standing still. He launches a stretch pass that isn't a pass but a tip into the offensive zone. I'm blaming the coach for that. Either all the players decide to play prevent defense on their own or the coach is giving that instruction.

As soon as I saw that play I was pissed. Up 3-0 you don't have to take unnecessary risks but you do t stop playing hockey.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Honestly, I see them winning the first round at a minimum. If healthy, and winning a series, they could get on a role. It kind of depends on which version of Tarasenko we get. That wicked snipe in Ottawa gave me hope that he can turn it back on for the playoffs.

I realize my optimism is deeply ingrained and not logical. It's what allows me to come back year after year. It's not just the team that has to play with no memory.

I want to believe. And I'm gonna be rooting and hoping that the Blues can finally do something. But the way things are going right now I'm probably not gonna be placing any bets on the Blues this postseason

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I want to believe. And I'm gonna be rooting and hoping that the Blues can finally do something. But the way things are going right now I'm probably not gonna be placing any bets on the Blues this postseason

They'll,finish ahead of Dallas and have an outside shot of finished ahead of Chicago. I think they'll beat Dallas, Minnesota, Nashville or Colorado in a series. If Dallas wins the division it gets more dicey.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou

mulder-and-i-want-to-believe-poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad