GDT: Blues @ Wild / Wheel of Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
mulder-and-i-want-to-believe-poster.jpg

Crap does this mean we have to wait another 13 years to make a comeback?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't have an issue with the Jaskin 'benching'. It would bug me if it had been for a full period or more, but there were less than 9 minutes left when they scored that goal. Jaskin is 11th among forwards for time on ice, doesn't get a ton of D zone starts and likely would have only had 2-4 short shifts over the remainder of the game. Given how quickly that game became close, I have no problem shortening the bench.

I don't think that this was a 'young guy vs. Hitch' thing. Hitch is trusting our very good young players. I think this is much more about Jaskin having a pretty brutal season. His offense is essentially nonexistent right now, so Hitch isn't going to give him ice time in close games if he isn't great on defense.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
The prevent defense was in affect at the start of the 3rd. Blues win the faceoff and Pietrangelo has the puck in his own zone. He's standing still. He launches a stretch pass that isn't a pass but a tip into the offensive zone. I'm blaming the coach for that. Either all the players decide to play prevent defense on their own or the coach is giving that instruction.

As soon as I saw that play I was pissed. Up 3-0 you don't have to take unnecessary risks but you do t stop playing hockey.

I agree with this. This is a large topic of debate. I'm in the standpoint that if your team has the lead, your players should try to score one more goal for insurance and continue playing the same way that created the lead to begin with. Hitchcock, on the other hand, is in favor of turtling. When I was in high school several years ago, we lost an elimination game in the playoffs by doing that because the opposing team ended up building up so much momentum at the end of the 3rd, that they ended up tying and winning the game. Last year, the Wild pulled off the turtling tactic pretty well against the Blues though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You would think they would catch on when it doesn't work.... especially when your defense is cotton soft in the slot. That's one thing about Chicago...they'll lock it down but you can bet your ass they'll burn you when you pinch at the wrong time.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Dubnyk's comment about the Reaves goal was hilarious, what a loser. Guy is mad cause he gave up a fluttering shot from Reaves.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Dubnyk's comment about the Reaves goal was hilarious, what a loser. Guy is mad cause he gave up a fluttering shot from Reaves.

He flat out said that both of his defensemen "quit on the play" because they believed it was offside. Devan, there was no whistle! Way to throw your teammates under the bus.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He also gave up two other pretty terrible goals. I hate that guy, such a pile of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad