Half-Assed GDT: Blues Wild Leddy 1000

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
LOL - trade Kyrou. What a bum. Only three today. Should have scored four! :mad:

If this Kyrou played every night then no one would have any issues, but we haven't seen it often enough this season. Not sure what happened to him the past two games but I guess confidence can make a huge difference. Hell of a game from the kid. Very impressive.

Shame that we'll likely miss the playoffs because this team is finally playing like a playoff team. Coach was rolling 4 lines most of the game, showing he trusts everyone, and Binnington had another hell of an effort. He made some huge saves down the stretch to keep the Wild at 3.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If this Kyrou played every night then no one would have any issues, but we haven't seen it often enough this season. Not sure what happened to him the past two games but I guess confidence can make a huge difference. Hell of a game from the kid. Very impressive.

Shame that we'll likely miss the playoffs because this team is finally playing like a playoff team. Coach was rolling 4 lines most of the game, showing he trusts everyone, and Binnington had another hell of an effort. He made some huge saves down the stretch to keep the Wild at 3.
We probably miss the playoffs no matter how well we play these last games. I don't see Vegas imploding. They will limp into the playoffs. I hate that team, so I hope they get smoked. The Blues need to fix some things in the off season.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We probably miss the playoffs no matter how well we play these last games. I don't see Vegas imploding. They will limp into the playoffs. I hate that team, so I hope they get smoked. The Blues need to fix some things in the off season.

Yeah neither do I. The Blues were too inconsistent this year for long stretches. It's just a shame to see them finally putting it all together too late.

I can't stand Vegas either. Knocking them out of the playoffs would be incredible but can't see it happening.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Did Bolduc get injured or did your coach just shrink the bench in a close game?
Bannister addressed this question in post game remarks. Basically said Bolduc’s play had dropped off a bit and Kyrou was clearly having a monster game so he wanted to get him more ice time. AFAIK Bolduc is not injured.

EDIT:
Comments starting at about 2:50

Reactions: KapG and Blueston

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Bannister addressed this question in post game remarks. Basically said Bolduc’s play had dropped off a bit and Kyrou was clearly having a monster game so he wanted to get him more ice time. AFAIK Bolduc is not injured.

EDIT:
Comments starting at about 2:50

Appreciate the reply sir

Reactions: stl76

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I'm interested to understand what Bannister is looking for out of Bolduc. I haven't seen a lack of hustle or intensity. He very clearly saved a goal on his final shift by rotating down low as a winger and tying up the stick of a player that got lost between our D and Buch. If that's not up to Bannister's standard, I'm a little confused about what he's looking for. If we're going to commit to making the playoffs, and Bannister is too chickenshit to let the kid have an honest shot, send him back to the AHL where he can play and make mistakes. The player I see right now is so afraid of making a mistake that it's neutering his offensive skill, as he always looks to make a safe/perfect play rather then trying to make something happen.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Drew, stop making excuses and play the kid. Teams can play Pat Maroon 5-8 minutes a game, you can do the same for him. difference is Bolduc is earning it. Stopping him from earning ice time and then saying he has things to work on is counterproductive af since he needs to play to help hone his skills. Riding Kyrou is not getting that Interim tag removed from you, helping develop this team might.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Since this was Leddy''s 1000th game, I would like to show some appreciation for him. Leddy appears to be having a very solid year. I find myself enjoying watching his shifts and can't say the same for Krug or Preunovich.

I really like the plays where Leddy sneakily tricks a fore-checker with possession of the puck then simply skates away from them with the ability to carry the puck all the way up ice. Imho he skates and makes plays that we see from the most elite D in a quiet non-flashy under-rated way. +9 and 25pts is interesting esp in that he has 2 more assists than Shenn and 7 more than Parayko. Krug of course has more points but is -26 lol.

Great work Leddy it is fun to watch you play wearing the blue note.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Since this was Leddy''s 1000th game, I would like to show some appreciation for him. Leddy appears to be having a very solid year. I find myself enjoying watching his shifts and can't say the same for Krug or Preunovich.

I really like the plays where Leddy sneakily tricks a fore-checker with possession of the puck then simply skates away from them with the ability to carry the puck all the way up ice. Imho he skates and makes plays that we see from the most elite D in a quiet non-flashy under-rated way. +9 and 25pts is interesting esp in that he has 2 more assists than Shenn and 7 more than Parayko. Krug of course has more points but is -26 lol.

Great work Leddy it is fun to watch you play wearing the blue note.
He’s quietly been very good and his skating in excellent.

He had a large group cheering him on Saturday. I took my son down to the glass for warmups and at one point, Leddy scored on Binner and a group of 20-30 erupted in cheers. It was funny and fun to watch.

We ended up sitting next to a group that included some of his HS teammates and their dads while others were up in a luxury box Leddy had for the game. It’s cool his 1000th game could be where he went to HS and college.

Mar 6, 2012
I didn't like the trade when they brought Leddy I and I would have preferred his money went to Perron instead... but he has proven me wrong. He's impressed my the entire time he's here. He's a great middle pairing / depth defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad