Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Stars, Twas But a Scratch

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Krug still blows and some bad giveaways along the wall in the 3rd but it was nice see the D breakout the puck with authority most of the night. Good for Kyrou.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Had work tonight! But good to finally win a game we gave up the first goal in!

To those that are/were opposed to Kyrou’s contract, take some solace in that his money could be used to help Bally’s pay their FCC fine for his amazing F bomb!

Mafisen

Oct 14, 2018
So 2 games under Bannister, haven't been able to watch either. Have there been any noticeable differences in style of play since the new guy came in?

I noticed the Blues out-hit the Stars by around 2x. How's that been during the season before?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Is this a good time to remind us that Dallas played last night so there's no reason why they should be skating circles around us in the third?

No they didn't, it was only the final 8 or so minutes.
Good win.

Had bad defensive breakdowns on all 3 of the goals we allowed, but for the most part I liked the rest of our game. Thought we were more aggressive defensively overall, good gaps and sticks, and really good energy the first 2 periods.

It will take a while to evaluate Bannister but the hope is just to see good signs in each game that we can keep building off of. I’ve seen that in the first two. Now this road trip will be telling.

I don't recall seeing a defensive breakdown of goal 3? Just a double deflection on Binner.
So 2 games under Bannister, haven't been able to watch either. Have there been any noticeable differences in style of play since the new guy came in?

I noticed the Blues out-hit the Stars by around 2x. How's that been during the season before?

We're playing much faster and shooting a lot more. Also, our defense is doing fast paced breakouts and it looks like what we've been meant to do for a few years now but never did.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
No they didn't, it was only the final 8 or so minutes.
Yeah, we definitely weren't chasing them around our zone and having issues getting the puck out of the zone when I wrote that.

What's the point of responding to game thread messages when you don't obviously don't know the context of what was going on when it was written?

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020

what I noticed, especially in the Dallas game, were our D being way more aggressive in the neutral zone, they broke up a lot of Dallas plays before they got going and won us possession going back on offense

Reactions: Xerloris and PJJJP

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Yeah, we definitely weren't chasing them around our zone and having issues getting the puck out of the zone when I wrote that.

What's the point of responding to game thread messages when you don't obviously don't know the context of what was going on when it was written?

Ya, try making sense next time.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Yeah, it was better - still not perfect, I don't think anyone is expecting that from 2 games - but we played a terrible Ottawa team and a Dallas team that played the night before and then had to come into town. The encouraging thing is that we didn't play down to Ottawa's level and we battled back last night after going down 2-0 early; that Saad giveaway, however, was an instant flashback to what we were doing before all the drama of this week unfolded.

We might get a better idea of things when we go play Tampa and Florida and everyone's rested and no one had to play the night prior. We look good and composed in both, even if we lose either or both, that will be encouraging. We start to slip and get dominated in either game and start to go back to the same stuff that's been happening, questions will start up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad