Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Sens 6pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The Blues didn’t play down to the competition. Which is good to see. Glad Army finally switched up the lines a bit at the end. ROR with Perron and Saad, and Schenn with JK and Barby. They actually looked better.

Finally. I like our forth line. Reminds me very much of the forth line we ran when we won the cup. They can be productive. Not sure what happened to Sunny D. He went down behind the net, but I didn’t catch what happened. Didn’t notice a Sen around him when he went down.

Army has nothing to do with lines.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Currently have three players at point per game. Last time I can find a Blues team with that is 93-94 when Shanahan, Hull, and Janney did it.

That Buch trade may actually end up being better than the ROR deal somehow. Such a great player.

Reactions: Reality Czech

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Currently have three players at point per game. Last time I can find a Blues team with that is 93-94 when Shanahan, Hull, and Janney did it.

That Buch trade may actually end up being better than the ROR deal somehow. Such a great player.
That team was swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. Offense isn't everything

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
That season is a bitter memory for me because I hated the Steve Duchesne trade. Most people still won't agree with me that it was a bad trade. The playoff result kind of vindicated me, but I took no joy in it.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Sunny has 7 points in his last 7 games. So that's pretty nice. Tarasenko, Buchnevich and Thomas are feeling it again. Kyrou is in a small slump. And Schenner is on a tear with 14 points in 9 games. Barbie hasn't had a point in 8 games Hopefully him being with Schenn and Kyrou lights him up again.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Sunny has 7 points in his last 7 games. So that's pretty nice. Tarasenko, Buchnevich and Thomas are feeling it again. Kyrou is in a small slump. And Schenner is on a tear with 14 points in 9 games. Barbie hasn't had a point in 8 games Hopefully him being with Schenn and Kyrou lights him up again.

Sunny looks like his old effective self and Schenn has never looked better IMO.

On the other hand, ROR has looked pretty mediocre and has made some uncharacteristically bad plays lately. Does he have long covid or what?

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
He's referring to Shanahan sleeping with Janney's wife. Which caused a shit storm in the locker room and lead to Shanahan being traded.
And Duchesne’s wife as well. Also heard from folks connected to the team at the time he knocked up Kay Quinn (team president Jack’s daughter). Keenan wanted to keep Shanahan and trade Hull. Supposedly the Quinn affair was the final straw.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Sunny looks like his old effective self and Schenn has never looked better IMO.

On the other hand, ROR has looked pretty mediocre and has made some uncharacteristically bad plays lately. Does he have long covid or what?
Could be. He hasn't looked to me like his old self since he's returned from being sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad