Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs. Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
What a sucky ass game that was. Maybe the team just got loaded on the train, but that was a pathetic effort. ROR and Parayko look like average players, Kyrou seems lost, Schenn made numerous bad passes, Saad and Perron might as well have been scratched and our power play was so bad I wish we could have declined the penalties.

If not for Buch, Thomas and Husso this one would have been real ugly.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
What a sucky ass game that was. Maybe the team just got loaded on the train, but that was a pathetic effort. ROR and Parayko look like average players, Kyrou seems lost, Schenn made numerous bad passes, Saad and Perron might as well have been scratched and our power play was so bad I wish we could have declined the penalties.

If not for Buch, Thomas and Husso this one would have been real ugly.
these are the main 3 i noticed as well ... faulk had his flashes ...krug did some good things as well

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
It’s what it is and not the end of the world at all.

Just for the hell of it, I’d like them to call up Lindgren for one game just to see how the team reacts.

Nothing against Husso, he’s done well and looks to be really stepping up and getting his swagger and that kind of competition will bring out the best in Binny so it’s all win there for us. I’m just wondering where the teams head is at right now.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I can't blame the team for sleepwalking that game. It was a February road-trip into an empty building against a horrific team. There's zero urgency right now, standings-wise. They're safely in the post-season mix, and in a pretty good spot matchups-wise. Human nature explains leaving town disappointed; but that's a throw-away game that felt like such from the opening warmups.

But Thank God for Husso, or that could have been really embarrassing.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
these are the main 3 i noticed as well ... faulk had his flashes ...krug did some good things as well

True, the defense wasn't so bad although they looked bad on the goals. Bortz and Colt puck watching. Faulk had some really nice plays but also a couple of bad ones. Krug played fine though a few missed opportunities in the O zone.

Oh well, hope they play better against the Leafs or we're gonna get smoked.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
You watch more the games but it seems to me that he has often struggled a lot playing with Oreilley and Schenn. He has excelled with Thomas, Buch, Tarasenko. I would keep Thomas and Kyrou together and bring back the russian line

Sadly ROR has been an offensive black hole most of this year and Schenn isn't really a set-up guy. I agree that Kyrou needs a passer/playmaker on his line to fully utilize his skills and Thomas and Tarasenko are the two best playmakers we have (plus Buch although I see him more as a finisher with above average passing). I'd agree with you, and putting Saad as the responsible two-way guy on that line could work.

Schenn ROR Perron
Saad Thomas Kyrou
Buch Barbie Vladi

I like the look of that top 9 with the 3 lines getting more or less the same ice time at even strength.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
You watch more the games but it seems to me that he has often struggled a lot playing with Oreilley and Schenn. He has excelled with Thomas, Buch, Tarasenko. I would keep Thomas and Kyrou together and bring back the russian line

The chemistry is not there and Chief shouldn’t try to force it. Different lines might have made a difference.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Sadly ROR has been an offensive black hole most of this year and Schenn isn't really a set-up guy. I agree that Kyrou needs a passer/playmaker on his line to fully utilize his skills and Thomas and Tarasenko are the two best playmakers we have (plus Buch although I see him more as a finisher with above average passing). I'd agree with you, and putting Saad as the responsible two-way guy on that line could work.

Schenn ROR Perron
Saad Thomas Kyrou
Buch Barbie Vladi

I like the look of that top 9 with the 3 lines getting more or less the same ice time at even strength.

ROR's play this year is giving me hesitancy about offering an extension after next season. Dude was never fleet of foot, and while you can't question his heart, compete, skill or work ethic...you can question whether he's going to be worth a significant investment, long-term. He's starting to look more worthy of a Schenn-contract than a Stamkos/Aho/Backstrom one. I shudder to think how poorly that next contract will age.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
ROR's play this year is giving me hesitancy about offering an extension after next season. Dude was never fleet of foot, and while you can't question his heart, compete, skill or work ethic...you can question whether he's going to be worth a significant investment, long-term. He's starting to look more worthy of a Schenn-contract than a Stamkos/Aho/Backstrom one. I shudder to think how poorly that next contract will age.

Absolutely. ROR went from "do whatever it takes to re-sign this guy" to "let's just hold off and see what happens" awfully fast. I've noticed him making several uncharacteristic mistakes lately, particularly several bad passes and times where he just gave the puck to the other team. If he's no longer the defensive shut-down guy he once was then it will be a lot easier to let him go after next year, but I guess he can still find his game. I asked the other day if he has long covid or something and I wasn't joking.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Hold on now! Crappy Veteran is gonna swing and miss again.
no... it's another baited post to stir the pot for people that are supposedly binny apologists

is what it is at this point... Binny hasn't been good as he needs to be, and husso is playing well and the team plays well for him. so common sense is keep playing him. But X is right, if binny had given up those last 2 goals they would have been on here screaming. oddly, the loudest ones said nothing

ok... so enuff of that. that's beating a dead horse

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
no... it's another baited post to stir the pot for people that are supposedly binny apologists

is what it is at this point... Binny hasn't been good as he needs to be, and husso is playing well and the team plays well for him. so common sense is keep playing him. But X is right, if binny had given up those last 2 goals they would have been on here screaming. oddly, the loudest ones said nothing

ok... so enuff of that. that's beating a dead horse
Whatever. I don’t really care who plays goalie. Just win.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad