GDT: Blues vs Blue(s) Jackets || Game 29 || 7pm

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Gave away my tickets to nephews 19 and 15. My 15 year old nephew said how do they stink this bad with all the players healthy this year?

Doesn’t take a quantum physicist to figure that out . :sarcasm:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
To paraphrase Willie Dixon: “You can have the blues one day because your hockey team goes on a road trip. You can have the blues the next day because they came back.”

1702062019161.png

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hello guys, tell me please what happened to Werenski's goalscoring ability? Reading your forum i learned he sucks as a pp qb, but i remember him firing a bullets left and right on ES, guy was good for at least 10-15 goals per season. Even right now he's shoting a lot and has only one goal. Injury related and his shots are actually not too dangerous or he's just extremely unlucky?

PS: Lets say its a jinx post and he'll pot one tonite!

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
CBJ relegated to secondary tv as background noise tonight since I don’t want to dedicate time showing up when they can’t bother reciprocating. Prepping for Crew on main tv tomorrow; just need to decide who we end up with for pizza…

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Hello guys, tell me please what happened to Werenski's goalscoring ability? Reading your forum i learned he sucks as a pp qb, but i remember him firing a bullets left and right on ES, guy was good for at least 10-15 goals per season. Even right now he's shoting a lot and has only one goal. Injury related and his shots are actually not too dangerous or he's just extremely unlucky?

PS: Lets say its a jinx post and he'll pot one tonite!
I think the shoulder injuries has taken the zip out of his shot, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night so can't say for sure

Reactions: thebus88 and aonb

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
I think the shoulder injuries has taken the zip out of his shot, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night so can't say for sure
This was mentioned in another thread and a poster said he’s still 92nd percentile in shot speed. I checked that it’s true, for top shot speed (from NHL Edge stats) Who knows, maybe his touch is just off or he’s just been unlucky.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This was mentioned in another thread and a poster said he’s still 92nd percentile in shot speed. I checked that it’s true, for top shot speed (from NHL Edge stats) Who knows, maybe his touch is just off or he’s just been unlucky.
He had an 85 MPH wrister last night alone. Power is still there, like Laine though the accuracy seems to have vanished

Reactions: joybang

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
I've heard that CBJ had 46 different line combinations their first 26 games. That's a lot more than I thought. Probably because PP and PK hav not changed much until Laine's injury. I would put back 13-38-86 and 42-7-17 together, and 91-11-29. Even if it is tempting to try 13-11-91 and 29-38-86.
But it might be that CBJ losses are less due to a lack of offensive line chemistry than to their defense. they'll miss Bodqvist.

Reactions: VT and LJ7

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'm still emotionally hungover from last night.

I don't know if I have it in me to double down and cheer on the team.

Eh, who am I kidding, i'll be around.

He had an 85 MPH wrister last night alone. Power is still there, like Laine though the accuracy seems to have vanished
I just don't buy it. everything he does looks lethargic and slow. Even last night he looked to be 3/4 of his old self.

Reactions: thebus88

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
I'm still emotionally hungover from last night.

I don't know if I have it in me to double down and cheer on the team.

Eh, who am I kidding, i'll be around.

I just don't buy it. everything he does looks lethargic and slow. Even last night he looked to be 3/4 of his old self.
There’s not really anything to buy. The NHL tracks these stats and they’re freely available to look up yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad