Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Heim

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
25 year old Swiss forward. I know nothing about him. Honestly never heard of him.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The Blues were scouting him for the whole season. He had a great start into the season but wasn't as good in the second half and now was cut from the Swiss National team at the last possible time for the upcoming WC. So yeah, the Blues obviously see something in him. There were rumours that other teams are interested.

He's a hard working Center with an offensive upside. Tough to say if he's NHL material. He is a good skater (like most Swiss players), not extremly physical.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The upside with being a bubble or non-playoff team, we can take flyers on players like this, and sometimes you hit, and sometimes you don't.

I assume we are going to have a handful of new players and young players in camp competing for 4th line and spare forward spots.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The Blues were scouting him for the whole season. He had a great start into the season but wasn't as good in the second half and now was cut from the Swiss National team at the last possible time for the upcoming WC. So yeah, the Blues obviously see something in him. There were rumours that other teams are interested.

He's a hard working Center with an offensive upside. Tough to say if he's NHL material. He is a good skater (like most Swiss players), not extremly physical.
So, not one of Switzerland’s best 13 forwards at age 25 but the Blues see something in him.

Alright, but going to keep expectations pretty low on this one though.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So, not one of Switzerland’s best 13 forwards at age 25 but the Blues see something in him.

SIHF coaches are all grade a morons so Heim getting cut doesn't mean anything. In fact it means exactly nothing. SIHF coaching is like bad comedy. A better clown show.

But yeah. I'm not sure Heim really should have made that WC team and I have my doubts regarding him being NHL material.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh

I wouldn't put much weight into him being cut. How do we know it wasn't his decision?

If he had multiple teams offering an NHL contract what has he got to gain from the WC? A little bit more money on the contract? I doubt it's enough to outweigh the risk of injury in what could be his only shot at sticking on an NHL roster, being healthy in training camp is a huge deal. Much more difficult to work your way up from AHL mid-season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Unless he’s Selke caliber defensively his numbers scream AHL depth to me.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I wouldn't put much weight into him being cut. How do we know it wasn't his decision?

If he had multiple teams offering an NHL contract what has he got to gain from the WC? A little bit more money on the contract? I doubt it's enough to outweigh the risk of injury in what could be his only shot at sticking on an NHL roster, being healthy in training camp is a huge deal. Much more difficult to work your way up from AHL mid-season.
You don't do a preparation of 4 weeks with the team to then say at the last possible moment that you don't want to play the WC. He wanted to play the WC, he also said that in the interview.

Depth at Center is quite good in Switzerland, even when we're missing two NHL-center with Hischier and Suter, it is tough to crack the roster.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
You don't do a preparation of 4 weeks with the team to then say at the last possible moment that you don't want to play the WC. He wanted to play the WC, he also said that in the interview.

Depth at Center is quite good in Switzerland, even when we're missing two NHL-center with Hischier and Suter, it is tough to crack the roster.
Besides center depth being quite good (I'll take your word for that), the team needs only 4 or 5 centers. Heim could be redundant and it was simply one of those "tough call" type things.

As a side note, I love Switzerland. A friend of mine asked recently where in the world I would want to live. I immediately said, Switzerland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad