Confirmed with Link: Blues sign David Perron (4 years @ $4m)

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Not a huge fan of this signing. But at least we have another net front option. Maybe he will decide to show up in the playoffs for us eventually.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Woke up excited for today, and I'm already pissed.
LoathsomeFirstAfricanaugurbuzzard-size_restricted.gif

If you don't count getting hit by the puck on your way to being shoved into the net as a goal, then Perron has the same number of playoff goals that Reaves does, and Perron has never had a multigoal playoffs ever.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Yes, you can, because you have to make the moves to even get there first. If we didn't pick up a Perron type we were going to be going into this year with Tage Thompson, Jordan Kyrou, and Dmitri Jaskin fightingnfoe two top 9 RW spots.

Ding

Somebody gets it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, you can, because you have to make the moves to even get there first. If we didn't pick up a Perron type we were going to be going into this year with Tage Thompson, Jordan Kyrou, and Dmitri Jaskin fightingnfoe two top 9 RW spots.
You don't have to stick with what you had, you also shouldn't pick up a piece that we've decided to essentially dump 2 other times. We shouldn't be surprised when this doesn't work.

Reactions: 91ReasonsYouLose

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
You don't have to stick with what you had, you also shouldn't pick up a piece that we've decided to essentially dump 2 other times. We shouldn't be surprised when this doesn't work.
I think we didn’t want to expose him at the expansion draft....but Pitt called and wanted Reaves....opportunity opened up to get a good draft pick....so we exposed him....

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I trust some of you to show up more for the Blues in the playoffs than I do David Perron.

He’s NOT a natural right winger. He’s a left and has struggled every time we’ve tried moving him to the right.

laughter.gif

Perron - x - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - x
Fabbri - Berglund - x
Jaskin - Sobotka - Thorburn

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
ugh. whatever. he had a decent season last year. If it means we don't go after Pat Maroon I guess I'm fine with it. If we sign another scrub RW today I'll be agitated.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
LOL whaaaaaat that’s so freakin weird.

For real though, 4x4 is a steal. The days of $2-4mil contracts being expensive are over, that’s what happens when the cap goes up. Look at what JVR got last night.

Have fun in Seattle, David

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I know you hate Sweden but that’s not going to make Alex Steen’s bad contract go away and they certainly better not be playing him on the right side.
Oh I forgot him. I guess he fits perfectly on 3rd line. And I didn't forgot him purposely.

Perron - x - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Steen - Berglund - Fabbri

and Steen isn't top 6 guy anymore. He'll slow down Schwartz - Schenn if he plays with them. Only guys who could match their speed is Fabbri, I mean old Fabbri and maybe Kyrou is the guy, 'cus he has speed for it.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Oh I forgot him. I guess he fits perfectly on 3rd line. And I didn't forgot him purposely.

Perron - x - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - x
Steen - Berglund - Fabbri

Now you’re playing a 21 year old coming off of two torn ACLs on the right side where he doesn’t belong.

I’m not picking on you Ranksu, I’m just pointing out how this signing is forcing a round peg into a square hole no matter how you do it.

Reactions: LGB51

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

I mean, what even is not working? He is a legitimate top 6 forward we just got for 4 million a season. He puts us in a position were we actually have a quality RHS on our PP. We don't need him to be a 60 point player on this contract, we need him to be a good reliable option until our kids surpass him.

You guys are acting like this move isn't getting us close to the cup when we aren't closr to begin with. Our chance at the cup in our near future depends on Kyrou, Thomas, Husso and company. Perron can hold in the top 6 for a year till they are hopefully ready to bump Perron, Steen, and insert new center here to a capable 3rd line.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Now you’re playing a 21 year old coming off of two torn ACLs on the right side where he doesn’t belong.

I’m not picking on you Ranksu, I’m just pointing out how this signing is forcing a round peg into a square hole no matter how you do it.
Fabbri has played both sides before he injured.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I mean, what even is not working? He is a legitimate top 6 forward we just got for 4 million a season. He puts us in a position were we actually have a quality RHS on our PP. We don't need him to be a 60 point player on this contract, we need him to be a good reliable option until our kids surpass him.

You guys are acting like this move isn't getting us close to the cup when we aren't closr to begin with. Our chance at the cup in our near future depends on Kyrou, Thomas, Husso and company. Perron can hold in the top 6 for a year till they are hopefully ready to bump Perron, Steen, and insert new center here to a capable 3rd line.

If you wanted a stopgap, you sign a guy for 1 year, maybe 2. Not 4.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

You are arguing that he's a stopgap, stopgaps don't sign for 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad