Seravalli: Blues shopping Binnington

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What? Anyways , now would be the perfect time to see what offers they get. A few teams frothing at the mouth trying to fix their goalie issues.
Hopefully my Devils are in if the cost is not astronomical. I know there are a lot of desperate teams needing goalies though so we will see if anyone ponies up the cost. I wouldn’t count out the Devils though as they are desperate for a goalie and have tons of assets to use.
Devils could also take a bad contract along with him, or not require any retention (advantage they have over other teams looking for a goalie) to hopefully lessen the cost.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We've pretty much known that Army has been aggressive in trying to free up cap space and going after LHD targets. This piece said there wasn't any traction, so probably not much to discuss. It's worth making a call to see if a team is interested.

FWIW, he has looked better since his break, but teams won't take that risk on until he has a longer stretch of solid play.

Reactions: finnishflash13

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'd love him in Toronto. He's the kind of winner this team needs. Doubt there's a way to make the cap work tho, Blues would want no part of Mrazek.

Binnington and Campbell would be quite the tandem of polar opposite personalities. It'd be nice if his mean streak could rub off on Campbell a little bit.

At the end of the day I don't see the Blues trading him at all tho

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluesguru

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We've pretty much known that Army has been aggressive in trying to free up cap space and going after LHD targets. This piece said there wasn't any traction, so probably not much to discuss. It's worth making a call to see if a team is interested.
I’d think the Devils would inquire. We don’t have many NHL reedy LHD available but have tons of good prospect ones. If desperate enough , maybe Fitz moves Graves (prefer to move Ty Smith ) plus ?? Assets ?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I'd love him in Toronto. He's the kind of winner this team needs. Doubt there's a way to make the cap work tho, Blues would want no part of Mrazek.

Binnington and Campbell would be quite the tandem of polar opposite personalities. It'd be nice if his mean streak child rub off on Campbell a little bit.

At the end of the day I don't see the Blues trading him at all tho
Have you been missing the last year? Terrible goalie in a boat anchor contract.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
The irony of Vegas finally dealing with their Lehner/MAF two-headed monster this past off-season....

...to then go and create a new two-headed monster in Binnington/Lehner.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Change of scenery trade:
Binnington for Matt Murray with 4% retention.

Blues probably add a mid round pick or a lower level prospect due to the extra years.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
beerfest-we-are-laughing-at-you.gif

Good luck with that one, lol

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Hard to imagine Binnington would be a TDL move. Definitely more of a summer trade when teams are reassessing goaltending.
Except there will be zero market then.

Smart to target the market which has the Leafs OIlers and Knights a bit desperate for a goalie. The Knights have no ability to retain that contract though. If they unload it on Edm or Tor that's a huge win for StL...i dont see anyone biting

Reactions: Reparlana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad