GDT: Blues @ Senators | Yes, This Is Another GDT Edition | Thu Mar 21 2024, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well, we were down in the lower bowl and the amount of fly by plays, stick pokes and puck watching was on full display. If anyone thinks that that effort will win hockey games, well, they're wrong.
What ever the sens were guilty of. The blues were guilty of at a greater degree.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Watching other nhl games. Like you see goalies kinda go save for save. Here it’s just such a contrast which I think leads to the “why do other goalies always play so great against the sens?!” I don’t think that’s particularly true.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Was at the game. It was pretty discouraging. The players are just mailing it in right now. It's palpable. You can see it on their faces. Zero f***s given.

How was the mood in the stands? Must've been a difficult one to watch in person.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Ya his talent is offset by the bullshit baby whiney stuff. Somebody has to take him aside and let him know that showing all that emotion is just letting the other team know they are living rent free in his kopf!
We have a Mental Performance Consultant that I hope is working on trying to get him to chill the hell out. Don't think it's working too well.

Incredible movie. So glad I went instead of watching this shit.
Imax dune is incredible. Such a good watch

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Was at the game. It was pretty discouraging. The players are just mailing it in right now. It's palpable. You can see it on their faces. Zero f***s given.

They all know the substitute teachers’ days are numbered…..

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
Was late watching. Good one for the tank. We outplayed St Louis quite badly I thought. Honestly was One of our better effort during the last few. We out chanced them and were quicker on a lot of pucks. Hefer better than our tender big surprise. We make a turnover or miss coverage and its usually in our net. Tie up sticks and box out better in front still remains a problem as it usually cost us one or two against each game. Saying that Blues missed a heck lot of d zone assignments and were bailed out by solid goaltending consistently. Must be nice. We have to play a near perfect game in order to only give up a goal or two

Reactions: DrEasy

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Difficult to say who is less interested in ottawa senators games these days: me or the ottawa senators.

The fact that I’m still watching this clown show makes me think it’s not me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LiseL and Alex1234

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
They’ve definitely mailed it in when it comes to effort…no sense in me putting in effort either. Off-season can’t come fast enough

i for sure saw a large group of the players play hard last night. Even Kubalik seemed to have some desperation. I don’t know what to say about Chychryn it’s like he day dreams through shifts and thinks he’s in a honeymoon pillow fight and not an NHL Hockey game

I can’t fault the effort it’s just there’s not that one player that gives them confidence that things will get going. We used to have Stone or EK or Alfie to get us pointed back in the right direction but we don’t have that one guy that rallies us - probably because our goalies let in 5 to 7 goals every night so rallies aren’t a thing with this team.

Reactions: lang006

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
14 straight without a regulation win.

Let’s make it 15. I think drafting 4th overall is now a realistic goal for this team.

Korpisalo and Forsberg elite elite tanking system - no 2 players in Sens history have completely stomped on so
Many dreams besides that duo of f***ing jackoff Jason Pominville and fart face shitbreath Jeff Freisen

• Haha
Reactions: lang006

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Good job losers
Mastering their craft more and more
Herculean job for Staios next summer to right that ship

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Good job losers
Mastering their craft more and more
Herculean job for Staios next summer to right that ship

I don't think it's possible honestly.

No goaltending
Need a top 4D
Norris is a question mark - at best we get a guy adjusting from yet another injury
Giroux is 1 year older
Few assets to trade
Who wants to come here?

I think at best we are a bit more competitive, maybe competing for a wildcard spot if everything goes right. That said I don't think that's likely. I think playoffs for next season are almost impossible.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I know you're not arguing otherwise, but a team should be able to win some games where they score less than 3 goals.
Especially if coached by defensive guru J Martin, who is renowned for close checking tight games, and the ability to pounce on turnovers and creating scoring chances, and keeping the puck out of the opponents hands late in games…..

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
How was the mood in the stands? Must've been a difficult one to watch in person.
They were comping tons of people in the upper sections to go down to the lower bowl. Lots of folks just went home instead. One of the ushers was apologizing to people as they left.
It's hard to describe but deflated would be the best word I can think of.

• Wow
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Well, we were down in the lower bowl and the amount of fly by plays, stick pokes and puck watching was on full display. If anyone thinks that that effort will win hockey games, well, they're wrong.
The Senators coverage in their own zone is not good. They don’t cover the opponent that is a good position to score. They are either all one side, watching the puck, or whatever.

Reactions: K1900L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad