Proposal: Blues - Rangers

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I don't think you will get too much push back from Blues fans on this one. 4th is fair for Scandella and I can't imagine there is any interest in bringing him back from management.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
The most value we could get for Marco is as a smaller piece of a bigger trade that gets us a large return. If he's not included in a trade like that, then a 4th is fine for him.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It would have to be 50%, so a 4th isn’t crazy just decent
No, as others mention above that's about what I expect. If teams get into a bidding war for some reason, I can see a 3rd + low prospect, but that's getting way out there for expectations. I would think a 4th would do it, and if we have to take a contract back to help with the cap we get a low prospect for it.

Reactions: Blueston

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
looking at his numbers this season tho, he's playing about 12 mins a night, doesn't seem to throw many hits, doesn't block many shots, and doesn't drive possession. i guess the good news is he's a plus 1 and appears to be serviceable in a limited pk role. i'm not sure where his value ultimately lands....i wouldn't be surprised if this is pretty close...but i don't think he at all fits the player profile drury has in mind. he seems to be targeting an absolute nailgun as the main priority, while the ability to do things like skate, make a breakout pass, or handle the puck competently are optional.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
looking at his numbers this season tho, he's playing about 12 mins a night, doesn't seem to throw many hits, doesn't block many shots, and doesn't drive possession. i guess the good news is he's a plus 1 and appears to be serviceable in a limited pk role. i'm not sure where his value ultimately lands....i wouldn't be surprised if this is pretty close...but i don't think he at all fits the player profile drury has in mind. he seems to be targeting an absolute nailgun as the main priority, while the ability to do things like skate, make a breakout pass, or handle the puck competently are optional.
I have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to a player as a nailgun. A shooter? A physical guy? What are we talking about?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The retention isn’t a big deal except if the Blues need to retain on other deals. We expect to need retention for Buchnevich. Can’t frivolously use all their spots on an insignificant trade.

But a 4th, 3rd with retention is fine. Do you not need to send any salary back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad