Half-Assed GDT: Blues Rangers: I was told to bring back the trains. So. Choo Choo

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Bouch reminds me of Public Image Ltd song lyrics....

Anger is an energy
Anger is an energy
Anger is an energy
Anger is an energy

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Krug-Kessel with another strong game(despite Torey making three absolutely horrific passes in the first five minutes of the game). Shot attempts were 12-10 in favor of the Blues with that pairing on the ice and they had a 76%xGoals%, so they were getting quality chances as well as quantity. I think Perunovich is going to sit for Kessel when Faulk returns. Or maybe Scandella...

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Krug-Kessel with another strong game(despite Torey making three absolutely horrific passes in the first five minutes of the game). Shot attempts were 12-10 in favor of the Blues with that pairing on the ice and they had a 76%xGoals%, so they were getting quality chances as well as quantity. I think Perunovich is going to sit for Kessel when Faulk returns. Or maybe Scandella...
Scandeezy about to get traded because of Kessel.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Buch 2 handing the glass after a ENG for him makes me crack up everytime I watch it.

Probably the last reaction you’d think of after scoring a goal

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
kessel has been really unnoticeable almost this entire time he has been in there. which for guy like him is great.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kessel has had some of the most forgettable 16+ minutes per game of ice hockey that I've seen in awhile. I frigging love it. He's now played more than 19 minutes twice and both times he played wonderful, forgetful hockey. Exactly what you want from a defenseman just going out there and eating minutes.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great effort by The Blues, especially Binnington, Kyrou, Buchnevich and Thomas, plus all the shotblockers to win a game when they outshot by more than double, beaten in the faceoff circle, and gave away the puck more. But the blues also took it away more. It's clear they wanted it more than The Rangers. Glad Kyrou got the hat trick. Maybe that will spur on his gaining confidence. Glad Buchnevich could get the empty-netter to get at least a little satisfaction in helping to beat his old team. was also glad to se Kessel play well, too. I think Bannister's changes are more than just the normal energy boost from getting a new coach. They are playing a more disciplined game in proper position a lot more; and despite many fans complaints about them being weak on the power play, they have been significantly better since the coaching change. I think they will sneak into the playoffs.

Reactions: STLegend

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I’d love to see Peru-Kessel as the bottom pairing whenever Faulk returns

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would be fine with them putting Faulk on the bottom pair with Peru to start off. Let me play some easy minutes and get back into the groove of things.
when do we talk about how faulk and krug are mismatched pair? krug and kessel seem much better fit, as faulk and krug both would benefit from partner who plays simpler game.

Mohko

Sep 25, 2021
Kauniainen, Finland
Based on this brief period of Faulker being out of the lineup, should they exercise these pairs?

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Kessel
Perunovich - Faulk

You know, even though the ice have been tilted towards our end in the past few games. We have been still getting the W since Faulk has been out.
when do we talk about how faulk and krug are mismatched pair? krug and kessel seem much better fit, as faulk and krug both would benefit from partner who plays simpler game.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
There are holes on the backline and the goaltending is inconsistent but there's something to like about this team.

Smart thing would be to lose for draft position, but players play to win and that's what these guys are doing.

Maybe we do sneak into the playoffs and win a round. Could still be interesting.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I think Buchy originally thought he missed it.

What was Buchy mad about?

One of the stranger reactions to an ENG. lol.

Buch 2 handing the glass after a ENG for him makes me crack up everytime I watch it.

Probably the last reaction you’d think of after scoring a goal
he was pissed cos he missed the empty net the first time, few minutes b4 :popcorn:

Damn you trains, damn you. Work better... lol.

trains gonna choo choo!

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Faulk could actually use a more defensive partner as well. That’s not Perunovich.
I would entertain dressing 7 D when Faulk returns and rotate in Scandella/Perunovich depending on game score/special teams situations. Keep Krug-Kessel in tact. I would take 7 D over the X useless plug currently occupying a wing spot on the 4th line.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
It’s always fun to read the GDT of big market teams when the Blues are winning in the 3rd. Funny ass commentary.

The PGT is even crazier; it's like they haven't won a game yet this season. I'm not sure if I would ever come back to this little slice of the forums if it had as many Negative Nancys as big-market teams do on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad