Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Me: "We're going to make the playoffs."
[Team proceeds to play like shit]

Me: "We're going to miss the playoffs."
[Team proceeds to play fantastic]

Guys, let me know which way we're supposed to go with this because clearly I need to take the opposite position if it's going to happen.

Me: We are not a playoff team but are close enough we could luck into it with the right breaks, steaks.
[team gets some good breaks and pushes for the playoffs but will ultimately fall short]

Guys, I have zero control over how the team plays. I just called it like I saw it and happened to be right. What you do, believe or even say on an internet message board means less than zero when it comes to how the team plays.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Guys, I have zero control over how the team plays.
1710381306957.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m happy with what I’m seeing from Bolduc. While he only has 2 points in 11 games, he’s had several other good scoring chances and really isn’t far away from having 5 points by now. He has skill and his effort has been there too, for backchecking, etc. I see a guy that can be a future top 9 forward in the NHL.

I hope we get Dean into the lineup on Saturday even though we won again. Really want to get a look at him. Put him in for Kapanen, or even rest Sunny for a game.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Schenn wasn't bad on the 1st line wing. Buch is a huge boost for the second line. If we don't get a high pick at least maybe we can get some fun hockey down the stretch with some prospects playing.

I’m happy with what I’m seeing from Bolduc. While he only has 2 points in 11 games, he’s had several other good scoring chances and really isn’t far away from having 5 points by now. He has skill and his effort has been there too, for backchecking, etc. I see a guy that can be a future top 9 forward in the NHL.

I hope we get Dean into the lineup on Saturday even though we won again. Really want to get a look at him. Put him in for Kapanen, or even rest Sunny for a game.
Seems like the game is a little fast for Bolduc when he has the puck on his stick. It should slow down with more reps. Get Kapanen the hell out of the lineup Dean needs to be playing if he's up.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I know it was just 1 game, but how could anyone wanna trade binnington
Same logic that caused people to want to dump him and ride Ville Husso, who was tearing it up in Detroit this season at ... [checks notes] a 3.55, .892 clip before getting hurt. Or the season prior, at a ... 3.11, .896 clip.

People see Y which is a new object and notice something good about it, start thinking about all the bad things about X and focusing on those, then start thinking about all the great things with Y, and convince themselves Y > X despite all the good in X and all the flaws in Y. It happens most of the time we have a new player in the system and they play about 2 or 3 games and do something good.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I know it was just 1 game, but how could anyone wanna trade binnington

1) It was just 1 game.

2) Overall he's been good but it's not like he is irreplaceable. He' not in the Vezina conversation. He's barely in the top 10 for votes on NHL.com's Vezina prediction poll (9th).

2b) He's tied for 14th in save percent, 26th in GAA, tied for 14th in GSAA/60, 9th is HD save percent, 17th in Quality start percentage (min 900 minutes). Hofer is tied or better in every category but QS%. Binner probably is playing better than those stats indicate and is used harder than Hofer. But still, we overhype him a good bit as he and Thomas are the best part of a bad team.

3) We are not competing now, and we have good young goalies who should be ready when our window reopens. We can sign a cheap vet to shelter them until they are ready.

4) Because of games like ths and team's need for goalie, we could actually get a rare good value for trading a goalie.

5) Most importantly, he acts like a jerk and I don't want to root for him. I'd rather lose with a lesser goalie than watch a incredibly poor sport be rewarded. But that is just me.

Reactions: 542365

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
After next season, I think trading Binnington makes more sense. You'll get a better idea of what we expect Hofer to be as he'll have 50-60+ starts, and if Binnington has another year like this, teams will be more likely to trade something of value, where right now, they could point to poor numbers the past 2 seasons as a reason to not have interest.

And then another year of Zherenko and Ellis in the minors to see if they are ready for NHL backup duty.

I also don't think Army is in a rush to make this move and I'm also unsure if he has any desire to move him period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad