Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Only because I love your avatar...done! :laugh:

tenor.gif

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
Are u going somewhere this season?

If they are looking at Hall is Schwartz re-signing?
Who knows? Only one team goes the distance. Why would they not try? The point is to try and win now with the core that won two years ago. Who said Hall was guaranteed to sign?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
To be fair the guy willingly signed in Buffalo. I don't think he really cares about playing for a contender.
Lots of guys signed in Buffalo and probably thought the team would be improved

But mostly, it had to be the money difference. 8 million in Buffalo vs 4 million in Nashville, Edmonton or Colorado? I mean c'mon there is such thing as leaving money on the table and then there's that.

And plus it was a one year deal. It was either Buffalo finally starts winning or he get traded at 4 million AAV to a contender with space.

And likely hes looking at Seattle. If no one will pay him because of the cap, then wait for Seattle who will give him the cash he wants. They have a good chance at success like Vegas had

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I doubt Hall would waive his NMC for a team who isnt assured a playoff spot. Hes been traded to teams with problems and its proven that he isnt the guy to turn an ailing team around.

ROR came from Buffalo and look what happened to him!

Hall is looking at the Blues and prolly wondering if that kind of lightning could hit a second time.

Yes Taylor. Yes it could.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
ROR came from Buffalo and look what happened to him!

Hall is looking at the Blues and prolly wondering if that kind of lightning could hit a second time.

Yes Taylor. Yes it could.
Even if he agreed, he'd go there in the offseason. He needs to get into the playoffs on a contender

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Better to do a quick retool than try to be a 1st round exit playoff team
I don't know that Hall is the kind of retool we should be thinking about, unless he's suddenly figured out how to be a defenseman.

So what are the blues - buyers or sellers?
Apparently both. No, I don't get it either.

Right why would the blues want hall?
Because Armstrong apparently has had the joneses for him for a while.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Taylor Hall to Edmonton would be interesting if James Neal was part of what was headed to Buffalo. More in the sense they got rid of Hall for only Larsson and to sign Lucic, but Lucic being traded for Neal then Neal traded for Taylor Hall. Would basically be full circle.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Huh?
They wanna get rid of Shwartz, Bozak and Hoffman but bring in a pending UFA? Possibly the highest priced one to attain? Do they have future plans with him after they write this season off?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I really hope that the Blues don't do this. Pursue Hall in the offseason. I would be very disappointed if Doug Armstrong spent any assets to rent Hall.

Last edited:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues can’t afford to move any assets for Hall. The prospect pool isn’t very deep. Need to hang on to them. Unless they move Hoffman for a 2nd and use that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Blues can’t afford to move any assets for Hall. The prospect pool isn’t very deep. Need to hang on to them. Unless they move Hoffman for a 2nd and use that.

If they think he gives them one more shot at a Cup than making the move makes sense. It's not like Hall is going to cost a lot and prospects are fairly overrated around here.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad