Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Reactions: stlwahoo

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Big shrug. Edmonton was a shitshow that massively transcended MacTavish while he was there, so I don't have a good handle on his skills as a coach. Not a big fan of fueling the good old boys club cycle, but at the very least, he was a good defensive forward as a player and basically every team could use a bit of an injection in their defensive commitment for forwards.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Reading through this I'm getting memories of the reactions from the Montgomery signing.

Edit: not from the board members, but people I knew in real life hated the Montgomery signing

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Reading through this I'm getting memories of the reactions from the Montgomery signing.

Edit: not from the board members, but people I knew in real life hated the Montgomery signing
Monty seemed like great hiring at time. MacT? When has he last coached? I am skeptical, but DA has been right much, much more often than wrong, so he absolutely deserves benefit of doubt.

Reactions: joe galiba

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Lay off the shit. He didn't intentionally kill anyone and to talk about that shit almost 40 years later as if the guy didn't play for us before anyway is absurd.

I don't care. I abhor drunk drivers - and before you accuse me of hypocrisy, I don't very much care for Ryan O'Reilly off the ice myself. Nobody holds a f***ing gun to the heads of drunk drivers and makes them drink and drive. I lost a close friend to the actions of a drunk driver, so yeah, I really hate this move.

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Monty seemed like great hiring at time. MacT? When has he last coached? I am skeptical, but DA has been right much, much more often than wrong, so he absolutely deserves benefit of doubt.
2020-21 in the Swiss League according his Elite Prospects staff profile. Craig MacTavish at eliteprospects.com

Overall I'm kind of 50/50 on the hire. It's not too thrilling, and although I'm glad to see Monty get another head coaching gig (and thankfully one unlike Dallas where we don't have to see him a lot), it's still going to be a big loss on the bench with him gone.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Lol this is so bad. Dude is a dinosaur, why would we do this when we have Bannister or Tkaczuk that have been paying their dues for years now.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
So we have no patience/forgiveness for drunk drivers. Where do we stand on texting drivers? Eating drivers?
Tired drivers?
Old drivers?
Just bad drivers?

I can forgive tired and old drivers because they literally did not choose to be that way and both of them may have to go places.

I cannot forgive drunk/high and/or distracted drivers because they have a choice. They always have a choice. They could call a taxi to pick them up or have a friend be the designated driver, put the phone down and turn it off instead of checking that one text, choose to eat before driving or after they get to their destination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad