Blues @ Hawks in 2025 Winter Classic

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Nah, they want the Hawks back to relevance asap
California hockey is complete chaos right now.
SJ and Anaheim are competing for lottery balls and LA is in a nose dive out of PO position.
The League can't let California hockey go into the toilet because the California market is a LOT bigger than the Chicago market.

Celebrini's going to SJ to prop up the California market.
Chicago will get their choice of wingers to play with Bedard.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I mean, that’s great. Like that the Blues are in another one but really, the Hawks are in it for the 5th time already? Of course Bedard is the draw.

I’ll consider going. Used to live near Chicago and went to countless Cards/Cubs games in the Wrigley bleachers.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
No, means we are. Last 2 top picks facing off in WC at Wrigley. Book it.
In order for that to happen it's going to be a really rough second half.
We'd have to drop to the 11th spot to even have a chance at Celebrini(and if we're being realistic we'd have to be closer to the #5 spot). That is a lot of sucking to squeeze into 33 games

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I’ll be curious to see what we do for the jersey
1707237914080.png

Just to piss Mike Keenan off.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
In order for that to happen it's going to be a really rough second half.
We'd have to drop to the 11th spot to even have a chance at Celebrini(and if we're being realistic we'd have to be closer to the #5 spot). That is a lot of sucking to squeeze into 33 games
We're currently 3 points ahead of 11th worst and that team has played 2 fewer games than us. The same is true for the 12th worst team. We are also 3 points up on the 13th worst team, but they have played 3 fewer games than us. All 3 of those teams play 2 games before we play our next game, so the games in hand should be about even when we start back up.

If those teams each snag 1+ points in their next 2 games, that 11th-worst spot is going to be a whopping 2 points behind us in the standings. We really aren't far off from the line to be in the #1 overall sweepstakes.

I'm not banking on winning the lottery, but even with our hot streak we are still very much in the large bubble of teams that could compete for playoffs or find themselves with a great draft pick. 6th worst (Minnesota) through 17th worst (St. Louis) are only separated by 7 points at the moment and we have the same number of games played. We shot up from 25th to 16th with a hot 6 game stretch, but a poor 6 game stretch could put us right back into that spot. Who knows what is going to happen, but it isn't like there would need to be a catastrophic collapse to get back into the mix for a lottery chance at #1 overall. It's a handful of bad nights.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nice, they are pretty fun to watch so I’m happy about this.

The 2022 Winter Classic in Minnesota is one of my favorite Blues memories. To show up wearing beachwear in -10 degree weather, and then dominate the game, is one of the coolest power moves I’ve seen in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00